7.1 -- Training Your Dog: Heel, Sit with Remote, Place with Remote and Down --Session One Heel:
1. Practice the Heel exercise, increasing the frequency of right turns, praise and reward your dog when he is in the correct position.
2. Practice for 5 minutes, with play breaks.
Sit with Remote:
1. Have your dog on your left side.
2. Hold the leash and the transmitter in your right hand.Your left hand is free to help your dog into the sit command if needed.
3. Press and hold the stimulation button on your transmitter, immediately give the command “Sit,” AND CONTINUE TO HOLD THE BUTTON DOWN.
4. Immediately release the stimulation button as soon as your dog is in the sit position.You should only have to hold the stimulation button down for a few seconds.
5. Praise and reward your dog.
6. Release him from the “Sit,” then play.
7. Repeat steps 1 through 6 for 5 repetitions.
*If your dog breaks the sit, repeat steps 3 through 6. Keep your dog close to your left side, while teaching the sit with the Remote Collar.
TRIPLE CROWN TIPS
Your dog is learning to turn the stimulation off by performing obedience commands. This is why it is necessary to press and hold the stimulation button until your dog performs the exercise. Our Remote Training technique allows your dog to learn by making correct choices, versus reacting to punishment. Your dog will learn quickly and enjoy the training process. The correct level of stimulation for the sit and place commands may vary from the come command. Start with level 1 until you find the correct level for a given exercise. Press and hold the stimulation button, then give the “Sit” command. Guide dog into position. Release stimulation button once dog is sitting. Praise and reward.
Place with Remote:
1. Put your dog on his bed, as instructed, in lesson 6. Stay within 3 feet of the bed, holding your leash in one hand and the transmitter in the other.
2.Walk the perimeter of the bed as in the previous lesson, but do not say anything to your dog.
3. If he breaks the place command, press and hold the stimulation button down and give the command “Place.” CONTINUE TO HOLD THE STIMULATION BUTTON DOWN UNTIL YOUR DOG IS BACK ON THE BED. Use the leash to guide your dog onto his place if necessary.
4. Praise and reward your dog when he is back on his bed.
5. Once settled for a few seconds, release your dog and play calmly.
6. Practice steps 1 through 5, until you have reinforced the place command 5 times, using your Remote Collar.