11.1 -- Training Your Dog: Sit at Curbs, Place, Down -- Sit, Come and Heel using the Remote Collar --Session One Sit at Curbs:
1.Walk with your dog in heel position near a quiet street.
2. Give the command “Sit,” when you approach a curb. Keep your dog in the sit position for at least 10 seconds, or until it is safe to cross the street.
3.Walk with your dog in heel position, when it is safe to cross the street.
4. Reinforce the sit and heel commands using your remote collar as needed.
5. Perform 5 repetitions, at 2 different curb locations.
1. Have your dog sitting in heel position, 2 feet from the bed.
2. Hold the leash in your left hand 2 feet from the snap. Hold the transmitter and the remainder of your leash in your right hand.
3.With your dog facing the bed, press and hold the stimulation button.
4. Immediately give your dog the command “Place,” then guide your dog onto the bed, using the leash,AND CONTINUE TO HOLD THE BUTTON DOWN.
TRIPLE CROWN TIPS
Sitting at street curbs is an important exercise for dogs that live in urban and suburban areas. Not only will this exercise make your neighborhood walks more pleasant, but it will also help to keep your dog safe from traffic. Approach curb with dog in heel position and give the command “Sit.”. Verbally praise for sitting. When it is safe to cross the street give the “Heel” command and walk forward.
5. Immediately release the stimulation button AS SOON AS ALL FOUR PAWS ARE ON THE BED, then praise and reward your dog.
6. Release your dog after 5 seconds and calmly play.
7. Repeat steps 1 through 7, for 10 repetitions.
1. From the heel position, give your dog the command “Down,” then pivot directly in front of your dog. You should be one foot from your dog’s head.
2. Maintain this position for 60 seconds. Calmly praise your dog for staying in the down.
3. If he breaks the position, repeat the command “Down,” and help him back into position.
4. Return to the heel position after your dog has remained in the down position for 60 seconds.
5. Release your dog after 5 seconds, then play with him.