11.2 -- Training Your Dog: Sit at Curbs, Place, Down -- Sit, Come and Heel using the Remote Collar --Session Two Sit:
1. Have your dog sitting in heel position. Repeat the command “Sit”, and then step 4 feet in front of him.
2. Use your Remote Collar and leash to reinforce the sit command as needed.
3. Keep your dog in the sit position for 30 seconds, and then return to heel position.
4. Praise and reward your dog.
5. Release your dog after 10 seconds, and calmly play with him.
1. Practice the come command using the Remote Collar and long line for 1 minute. This will serve as a warm-up for the heel exercise.
2. End this exercise with a brief play session. Press the stimulation button and give the “Place” command. Release the stimulation button when dog is on the bed. Praise and reward.
Heel using the Remote Collar:
1.Walk forward with your dog in heel position.
2. If your dog forges out of heel position, PRESS THE STIMULATION BUTTON.
3. Immediately repeat the command “Heel,” AND CONTINUE TO HOLD THE BUTTON DOWN. At the same time, do an about turn.
4. IMMEDIATELY release the stimulation button, when your dog returns to heel position, and praise him.
5. Practice heeling using your Remote Collar and leash, for 3 minutes.
6. Play enthusiastically with your dog at the end of this session.
TRIPLE CROWN TIPS
From this day forward, have your dog sit without using stimulation. If your dog fails to sit, use your Remote Collar the next 3 times you give your dog the Sit command, before giving him another opportunity to sit without using stimulation. When reinforcing the sit command with your Remote Collar, you may find your dog sitting, as soon as he feels the sensation from the collar. When this happens, it is not necessary to return to him. Simply praise calmly from a distance, to let him know he has made the right choice. Remember to IMMEDIATELY release the stimulation button as soon as he sits. Remember to maintain a loose leash and to give your dog a lot of praise when he is in the correct heel position. Press stimulation button and give heel command for forging ahead. Make 180 degree right turn. Release stimulation button when dog is in correct position. Praise and reward. © 2013 GDS