12.1 -- Training Your Dog: Place, Sit at the Door, Pairing Obedience Exercises --Session One Place:
1. Practice the place command, from 3 feet away.
2. Release your dog, as soon as all 4 paws are on the bed for 10 seconds and then calmly play with him.
3. Perform 10 repetitions.
Sit at the Door:
1.With your dog in heel position, walk to a closed door.
2. Give the command “Sit,” when you are in front of the door.
3. Slowly open the door. Your dog should remain sitting.
4. Use your Remote Collar and leash to reinforce the sit command as needed.
5.Walk backwards slowly through the door, watching your dog the entire time, and stop 3 feet away from him.
6.Wait 10 seconds, and then invite your dog through the door, using your release word.
7. Praise and reward your dog.
8. Perform 5 repetitions, for 10 seconds each.
TRIPLE CROWN TIPS
Once your dog becomes accustomed to sitting and waiting at doors, vary the number of times you invite him through, by returning to him on every other occasion, and vary the time that you have him wait. Walk backwards through the door. If dog breaks, press stimulation button and repeat “Sit” command. Release stimulation and praise when dog sits.