12.2 -- Training Your Dog: Place, Sit at the Door, Pairing Obedience Exercises --Session Two Pairing Heel and Come:
1. Using a long line, practice the heel exercise. Your hand position should be the same as using a 6-foot leash.
2. Release your dog from the heel exercise and allow him to go to the end of the long line.
3.When your dog becomes distracted, call your dog using your Remote Collar and long line, to guide him towards you.
4. Praise and reward him when he returns to you.
5. Play briefly, after each heel and come combination.
6. Repeat steps 1 through 5, for 5 repetitions.
1. Have your dog sitting in heel position, 2 feet from the bed.
2. Hold the leash in your left hand 2 feet from the snap. Hold the transmitter and the remainder of your leash in your right hand.
3.With your dog facing the bed, press and hold the stimulation button.
4. Immediately give your dog the command “Place,” then guide your dog onto the bed, using the leash,AND CONTINUE TO HOLD THE BUTTON DOWN.
5. Immediately release the stimulation button AS SOON AS ALL FOUR PAWS ARE ON THE BED.
6. Praise and reward your dog, then step 5 feet away.
7. Use your Remote Collar and leash, if your dog breaks the command.
8. Return to your dog to praise and reward him, every 30 seconds.
9. Keep your dog on the bed for 3 minutes, then release and play with your dog.
TRIPLE CROWN TIPS
Pairing the heel and come exercises will help your dog to learn that one command often follows another. From this day forward, have your dog come to you without using stimulation. If your dog fails to come, use your Remote Collar the next 3 times you give your dog the Come command, before giving him another opportunity to come without using stimulation. Dog distracted at a distance. Apply stimulation and call dog. Release stimulation button and walk backwards as soon as dog steps towards you.