Garmin DC 40 Replacement Lithium-Ion Battery
The DC 40 Battery Replacement Kit includes:
One rechargeable lithium-ion battery
Three battery-cover screws
One battery cover
To remove the old DC 40 lithium-ion battery:
- Remove the two screws on the back plate with a small Phillips screwdriver.
- Lift off the back plate and the collar.
- Remove the six screws from the top cover.
- Carefully separate the top cover from the bottom cover. Note the orientation of the GPS antenna. You must put it back the same way.
- Carefully lift out the GPS antenna from the bottom cover. Do not pull or twist the wire connected to the GPS antenna. If necessary, use a small pliers to lift the GPS antenna from the bottom cover.
- Use a small, flat-blade screwdriver to disconnect the six-pin connector from the top cover.
- Use a small, flat-blade screwdriver to disconnect the two-pin connector from the bottom cover.
- Remove the three screws from the battery cover.
- Remove the battery cover and the battery. Note the orientation of the battery in the bottom-cover housing. You will install the new battery the same way. Dispose of the old battery according to local ordinances and regulations.
To install the new DC 40 lithium ion battery:
- Place the battery in the bottom cover. The wired end of the battery must be on the same end as the Power key.
- Replace the battery cover and the three screws.
- Connect the two-pin connector.
- Connect the six-pin connector using your thumb to hold the connector against the housing.
- Carefully place the GPS antenna into the bottom cover.
- Check the battery connection by pressing the circuit-board switch. When properly connected, the red LED turns on. To turn off the device, press and hold the circuit-board switch.
- Check the gasket located inside the bottom cover; it must be fully seated.
- Replace the top cover and the six screws.
- Check the charging circuit by connecting the battery charging clip to the device and connecting the power cable to an appropriate electrical source.
When properly connected, the blue LED turns on.
- Replace the collar, back plate, and two screws.
- After you install the new battery, charge the DC 40 completely.