Garmin Fenix 5S GPS Watch -- Silver with Black Band
A smaller sized Fenix 5 that is still packed with features!
What's New in the Garmin Fenix 5S WatchSmaller Size: 1 5/8" diameter face and shorter strap that fits up to a 7 5/8" wrist
Battery Performance: Up to 9 days in Smartwatch mode (depending on settings), up to 14 hours in GPS mode and up to 40 hours in UltraTrac battery saver mode
Face-It: customize the face of your Fenix with any photo from your smartphone with Garmin's Face-It app
QuickFit Bands: Compatible with Garmin Quickfit 20 Bands
Current Alpha 100 and Astro 430 handheld users will require a software update to connect to the Fenix Watch. Click here to learn how to update your Alpha software or Astro software for free.
We recommend updating the software on your Fenix 5 prior to use by downloading and installing either Garmin WebUpdater or Garmin Express.
For serious athletes and adventurers who want to do more, not wear more, the Fenix 5S is the perfect fit. It's Garmin's premium multisport watch that offers full-size performance in a lighter, sleeker, more compact design. Beat yesterday with advanced features such as wrist-based heart rate, built-in activity profiles, navigation functions, and performance metrics that measure the effectiveness of your workout. It's one smart sportwatch you can comfortably wear anywhere to keep pace with your active lifestyle.
Fenix 5S Features
When connected to your Garmin Astro 430 or Alpha 100 via Bluetooth, see dog tracking information on your watch
Elevate wrist heart rate technology measures heart rate at the wrist
Fitness training features like advanced running dynamics with vertical oscillation and vertical ratio, VO2 max, recovery advisor and more
Outdoor navigation features like 3-axis compass, altimeter and barometer, TracBack feature
Connect IQ compatibility for customized apps, widgets, watch faces and data fields
Fenix 5S Includes
Fenix 5S silver watch with black band
USB charging / data cable
Quick start manual
Serious Style That Stands Up to the Roughest Conditions
Fenix 5S features a protective stainless steel bezel and buttons with reinforced housing for extra durability. A sunlight-visible high-resolution color Garmin Chroma Display with LED backlight lets you access your data in any light. Fenix 5S is water rated 100 meters and has a battery life of up to 40 hours in UltraTrac battery saver mode, 14 hours in GPS mode and up to 9 days in watch mode (all depending on settings).
Advanced Fitness Metrics
- Fenix 5S is packed with training features to tell you about your form and fitness. The first is the VO2 max estimator. When used with a heart rate monitor, Fenix 5S crunches data, including your running speed, beats per minute and heart rate variability to estimate the maximum volume of oxygen you can consume per minute. Track changes to your VO2 max to see your fitness gains and to compare with your peers. Other fitness metrics include recovery advisor with a recovery timer and recovery check, plus a Race Predictor, which estimates your ideal finish time based on your current VO2 max number.
- Fenix 5S incorporates sophisticated Garmin running watch feedback on your running form by reporting multiple metrics. When used with the HRM-Run monitor, Fenix 5S reports your cadence, vertical oscillation and ground contact time. These metrics are called running dynamics, and they affect your running economy.
- The Fenix 5S isn't just for running; special feature sets help swim training and skiing too. Borrowing from the Garmin Swim, Fenix 5S tracks your distance, pace, stroke count and more. You just tell Fenix 5S the size of the pool you're swimming in and begin your workout. Ski/Board mode puts speed, distance, vertical drop and an automatic run counter (with Auto Pause for the lift line) and more at your fingertips. You can even use your Fenix 5S as a glove-friendly remote, via ANT+, for the VIRB and VIRB Elite action cameras.
Navigate Your Way
- No other navigator GPS plus ABC (altimeter, barometer and compass) wristwatch offers you the combined training functions and Garmin's leading GPS technology. Fenix 5S provides comprehensive navigation and tracking functionalities to guide you on and off the beaten track. Its built-in sensors provide information on heading, elevation and weather changes.
- It allows you to mark locations, such as a start/finish line, course checkpoint, or a campsite, vehicle or other point of interest. With Fenix 5S, you can create and follow courses and mark up to 1,000 locations and navigate to them.
- Plan trips and share adventures with friends and family using BaseCamp.
Altimeter, Barometer and Compass
- Fenix 5S is equipped with ABC sensors to provide relevant real-time information. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent, while the barometer can be used to predict weather changes by showing short-term trends in air pressure.
- The 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing whether you're moving or not.
- Fenix 5S auto-calibrates its ABC sensors using its GPS receiver and also auto sets the time based on location.
- For an extremely accurate temperature reading, pair it with Garmin's Tempe External Temperature Sensor.
Custom Apps and Watch Faces
Personalize Fenix 5S with free downloads from our Connect IQ store. You can customize your watch face, add data fields and get apps and widgets that provide information at a glance.
Smart Notifications lets you receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch, even if you're on the trail. Fenix 5S receives the wireless signal from a compatible iPhone 4s (or newer) or Android smartphone and lets you know you have a message, displaying the text on its own screen whenever you're ready to read it.
Physical and Performance:
Maps and Memory:
- Watch Face Size: 1 5/8"
- Dimensions: 1 11/16" x 1 11/16" x 19/32"
- Display Size: 1 3/32" diameter
- Resolution: 218 x 218 pixels
- Band Width: 3/4"
- Band Length: 9 1/2"
- Fits up to 7 5/8" wrist
- Weight: 2.4 oz
- Negative display mode
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Battery life: Up to 9 days in smartwatch mode (depending on settings), up to 14 hours in GPS mode and up to 40 hours in UltraTrac battery saver mode
- Water rating: 10 ATM
- High-sensitivity GPS / GLONASS receiver
- Barometric altimeter
- Electronic compass
- Smart notifications (displays email, text and other alerts when paired with your compatible phone)
- Choose vibration or tone alert
- Music control
- Find my phone
- VIRB control
- Watch functions: Time of day (12/24h), calendar (day/date), daily alarm, stop watch, timer, sunrise/sunset alerts
- 64 MB built-in memory (54 MB available)
- 1000 waypoints/favorites/locations
- 30 routes
- Compatible with Garmin Quickfit 20 Bands
- Connect IQ app support (watch faces, data fields, widgets and apps)
- EXO antenna (GPS/GLONASS)
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- Weather alerts
- Tempe Sensor support
- Physiological measurements
- Dog Tracking when used with the Astro 430 or Alpha 100
- Hunting/fishing calendar
- Sun and moon information
- Virtual Pacer (compares current pace to target)
- V02 max estimate
- Recovery advisor
- Race predictor
- Running dynamics
- Accelerometer (calculates distance for indoor workouts without need for a foot pod)
- Personal records
- Compatible with Vector
- Multiple bike profiles
- Optional bike speed/cadence sensor (sold separately)
- Virtual Partner (train against a digital person)
- Virtual Racer (compete against other activities)
- Auto pause (pauses and resumes timer based on speed)
- Auto multisport (switch sport modes with 1 button press)
- Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts)
- Pace alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace)
- Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals)
- Heart rate-based calorie computation
- Calculates calories burned
- Training Effect (measures impact of an activity on your aerobic fitness)
- Pool swim metrics (lengths, distance, pace, stroke count/rate, calories)
- Stroke type identification (e.g. freestyle)
- Open water swim metrics (distance, pace, stroke count/rate, calories)
- Swim workouts
Activity Tracking Features:
- Measures shot distance (calculates exact yardage for shots from anywhere on course)
- Yardage to F/M/B (distance to front, middle and back of green)
- Yardage to layups/doglegs
- Digital scorecard
- Step counter
- Auto goal (learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal)
- Move bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset it)
- Sleep monitoring (monitors total sleep and periods of movement or restful sleep)
- Garmin Connect compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)
- Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer)