Available in 3 colors: Black, Coyote Green, and Green/Black
These dog beds are durable, but not chew proof.
It's recommended that you wash and dry Real Dog Burrow Bedding at least once before the first use. This will "relax" the fabric, making it more difficult for your dog to get a grip and harder to tear. It also makes the bedding softer.
What makes Burrow Beds unique?
Burrow Bedding dog blankets are designed specifically for the way dogs live and think. Dogs, especially puppies, chew. The design and construction of the material limits any damage to the site of the chewing. Dogs dig. The slippery nature of our material causes the fabric to fly away from the digging paw just like dirt would, avoiding further contact with the paw. Dogs sleep together in a pack. Just throw in more Burrow Beds to accommodate the pack.
Why people like Burrow Bedding:
Real Dog Burrow Bedding is very easy to maintain. A few shakes get rid of much of the dog hair. It washes easily and will not cause your washing machine to get out of balance like large cotton bedding may. It will almost spin dry. This requires less dryer time and saves you money and work!
Burrow Bedding can also be used for camping, picnicking, and trips to the beach. The bedding will squish to a small size and makes traveling very easy.
What size Burrow Bed is best for your dog?
That's a great question, but the answer is not as straightforward as you might guess. Real Dog Burrow Bedding doesn't easily fit normal sizing methods because it doesn't use the standard way of thinking about dog beds. Burrow Bedding is a different way of thinking about how dogs sleep. This is because of the 3 critical design elements of loft, sculpt-ability, and pack size necessary to meet your dog's preferences coupled with how you wish to use the product.
Here is how it all comes together:
Loft refers to the thickness of padding best for your dog. Older dogs and dogs with special needs would want the thickest possible padding between them and the floor -- you may even place the burrow bedding on top of their existing bedding to enhance their comfort. The heavier your dog, the more loft is needed. Loft is created when the Burrow Bedding is shaped or sculpted by piling or spinning (the dog makes a circle). Multiple Burrow Beds and Large Burrow Beds produce greater loft.
Sculpt-ability (or dig-ability) refers to the shaping of the bed your dog prefers. Our research indicates that smaller dogs like to dig and tunnel whereas mid-sized dogs like to spin or twirl into circles and large dogs usually just lie down. This characteristic depends on the volume of burrowing material available. Dogs seem to think that more is better. This dimension does not solely depend on the size of the dog.
Pack Size is another critical dimension of the Burrow Bed. Dogs are pack animals. The more dogs you have the more Burrow Bedding you will want since they like to sleep together. For this application you may want several Burrow Beds in any combination of sizes so that each dog is comfortable. Real Dog Burrow Bedding offers this level of flexibility to meet your dog's needs.
The bottom line is that the greater volume of burrowing material, the more likely your dog will be comfortable. More is better, so mix and match the sizes to meet your dog's needs!
Are Burrow Beds indestructible?
No, but they are exceptionally durable. Any dog may chew a hole through the material. However, any hole they make will remain stable because of the rip-stop design of the heavy-duty fabric. For your dog, the hole will only add interest to the bedding.
Is any dog training required?
No -- The Real Dog Burrow Bedding dog blanket is totally natural and instinctive for your dog to use. Mother nature has already trained your dog for the use of this product. To enhance any traditional dog bedding you may currently be using simply drop a Burrow Bed by Real Dog on top and watch your dog transform it into a custom sleep spot.
Care and Use Instructions:
1. Machine wash with warm water and machine dry on low heat. Give it to your dog right out of the dryer (be sure it is not too hot). Eventually your dog will look forward to a warm and toasty Burrow Bed.
2. Drop it on top of your dog's sleeping area. Small dogs will want to explore the folds and spaces; large dogs may dig around and shape to taste or just lie down.
3. You may place the Burrow Bedding on top of your dog's existing bedding. To expand your dog's comfort zones, place this new bedding in another location and let your dog discover it. For your dog it will be like having a home and a vacation house!
4. It is normal to see some areas of wear on your Burrow Bedding by Real Dog. The fabric is designed for rough use and is extremely durable; however, some dogs have been able to chew holes in the fabric.
5. Keep Real Dog Burrow Bedding away from open flames and heat sources. It is made of nylon and will melt in extreme heat.
6. Caution -- Burrow Bedding can be slippery on hardwood floors.
7. Real Dog Burrow Bedding travels well. Just stuff it into any container or bag.
GUN DOG SUPPLY - "Serving Hunting & Field Dog Owners Nationally Since 1972."
Order online via Secure Server or call 1-800-624-6378 to order! GDS Warehouse, 312 Industrial Park Road, Starkville, Mississippi, 39759 USA.