Multi-dog Collars / Systems:
Read more about SportDOG SD-3225 5-dog
The SD 3225 lets you control up to six dogs from a single transmitter using the color-coded indicators that match the available collar strap colors. It is ideal for people who hunt rabbits, raccoons, bears, bobcats, and mountain lions with multiple dogs.
The SD3225 features a slim profile collar receiver that ensures a perfect fit, and a compact transmitter that's easy to handle. And it's waterproof!
- Transmitter weight: .3 lbs
- Collar weight with Receiver: .3 lbs
- Collar length without Receiver: 28"
- Collar length with Receiver: 26"
Owner's Manual Download|
SportDOG SD-3225 Owner's Manual, downloadable in .pdf format.
to read the SportDOG SD-3225 Owner's Manual.
SportDOG SD-3225 5-dog Overview:
With its two mile range, the SportDOG Hound Hunter SD-3225 is specifically designed for controlling tracking and trailing dogs, and lets you keep the thrill of the chase within your control. Both the transmitter and receiver are waterproof and submersible. The 3225 can be expanded to control up to six dogs by adding SportDOG Brand Add-A-Dog collars. The comfortable "soft coat" transmitter finish makes this unit a pleasure to handle. This is dog training gear the way you would design it.
SportDOG SD-3225 5-dog Transmitter (Remote)
- Waterproof Transmitter with DryTek Technology
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries -- They're user replaceable, too. Heavy duty. They last 3-5 years with proper care.
- Low Battery Detect Indicator to make sure you don't get out on the hunt with a dead battery, and a built-in LED Battery Charge Indicator which lets you know when your transmitter is finished charging.
- No holster required -- The SD-3225 transmitter is small enough to hang on a lanyard or clip on your belt with the built in Belt Clip.
- It's about the size of a small walkie-talkie or large cell phone -- The compact SD-3225 remote transmitter only weighs 4.8 ounces and measures 7" x 2.12" x 1.12" with antenna.
- The "HoundHunter" SD-3225 transmitter is ergonomic and feels as good as it looks. The high-impact plastic with "no-slip grip" fits in the palm of your hand. Matte black finish.
The SportDOG 3225 gives you the option of customizing the transmitter to fit YOUR needs. It also allows you the option of changing the stimulation setup as your needs change or if you want different options in different situations.
Modes include Continuous and Momentary with Tone, Continuous and Momentary with Vibration, and Multi-dog Modes featuring one button per dog (Continuous only) with Tone or Vibration.
Change MODES in seconds by setting the transmitter dial to the mode you want. Next press the recessed
button on the back of the transmitter. The transmitter light then flashes back the number of the mode you have selected. Modes can be changed as often as you like. Change them for different situations or training styles.
SportDOG SD-3225 5-dog Collar
The SD 3225 features a slim-profile collar design. The 3225 collar is designed to fit closer to your dog's neck and give a better profile look. The SD-3225 uses a 3/4 inch collar strap. It is smaller than any collar receiver in its price and feature range.
- Internal antenna system
- Rugged molded case built to withstand all kinds of training and hunting conditions
- Waterproof Collar/Receiver
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries are user-replaceable, heavy duty, and last 3-5 years with proper care
- Built-in LED is a battery charge indicator and test light
- Weight: 4.8 ounces with collar strap
- Receiver Dimensions (without collar strap): 3.12" x 1.25" x 1.25"
- Collar Dimensions: 3/4" wide, 26" collar strap fits up to 23" dog neck
- Orange, green, red, yellow, and blue straps included
Another feature in the 3225 collar is the ability to change stimulation settings at the collar. The collar has a low, medium and high setting. This allows you the option of finding the correct range of stimulation for your dog. Lower the overall stimulation choices for more sensitive dogs and raise the levels for hard headed or stubborn ones.
You can change the collar setting at any time. You can also have collars set up on different levels and work them from the same transmitter. This allows you the option of working sensitive and stubborn dogs from the same transmitter.
SportDOG SD-3225 5-dog Comes With:
- 5 SportDOG SD 3225 collars
- SportDOG SD 3225 transmitter
- Transmitter antenna
- 5 sets of short stimulation probes
- 5 sets of long stimulation probes
- Adjustable orange, green, red, yellow, and blue collar strap with square buckles and metal keepers which fit up to a 23" neck
- User replaceable, rechargeable batteries in the collar + transmitter
- Wall chargers to charge transmitter and 5 collars
- 5 collar charging cradles
- Belt clip + lanyard for the transmitter
- Test light
- SportDOG Owner's Manual / Operating Guide
- "Basic Training Manual" booklet by Charles Jurney with Rick Smith and Tom Dokken
- Basic Training DVD featuring pro trainers Charles Jurney, Rick Smith, Tom Dokken, and Chris Akin
Features of the SportDOG SD-3225 5-dog
- Waterproof and submersible Collar and Transmitter
- No external collar antenna to get hung up
- 2 mile range
- Expandable to use with up to six dogs
- Push-button ON/OFF switch activated at the collar
- Customizable transmitter settings -- choose from 6 pre-set modes
- Up to 7 levels of continuous or momentary stimulation in 1 or 2-dog mode
- Up to 7 levels of continuous stimulation in 3+ dog mode
- Instantly change stimulation intensity from the transmitter (tactile dial)
- Tone only / Vibration only options even in multi-dog mode
- Rechargeable, user replaceable Lithium Ion batteries in collar and transmitter
- Two Hour Rapid Charge system
- Docking station collar charger
- Low Battery Detect indicators on both transmitter and receiver
- Backed by a Two Year Manufacturer Warranty
SportDOG SD-3225 5-dog Batteries
- Lithium Ion Batteries
- Two Hour Rapid Charge System for the transmitter and collar
- Collar Docking Station -- no mud plugs required
- User-replaceable, rechargeable batteries in the collar and transmitter
- Get 40-60 hours "on time" between charges
- Comes with a DUAL LEAD CHARGER and collar cradle. Save time because you can charge both collar and transmitter at the same time from one plug
Stimulation from the SportDOG SD-3225 5-dog
- The SD-3225 has multiple intensity levels, which allows you to choose the stimulation that is best for your dog.
- Seven intensity levels can be quickly adjusted with the dial on the side of the transmitter. This means that you can instantly adjust intensity whenever distractions increase.
- Teach yardwork/obedience and enforce known commands with lower levels of stimulation.
- Use higher levels to stop unwanted chasing or to overcome strong distractions.
- Up to 7 levels of continuous or momentary stimulation depending on which mode you choose.
The low continuous stimulation levels and gradual increases between levels on the SD-3225 are particularly useful with sensitive dogs or breeds.
SportDOG SD-3225 5-dog Range
2 mile long range designed primarily for use with tracking and trailing dogs. Actual range depends on training conditions, including weather, terrain, presence of cover, etc.