Item # 5388
The SD 1825 Camo is so cool it is now the only training collar I will use on my bird dogs and retrievers. To give you an idea of how big a deal this is to me, I have been using the same model ecollar since 1998. I have tried at least 50 or 60 new systems over the last 11 years but I always went back to my old system. I could not find another training collar that fit my needs.
I started using a prototype SD 1825 in September 2008. I ended up using it the entire 2008 - 2009 hunting season and have not looked back. Read my full SportDOG SD-1825 review here.
When you buy your first ecollar you have to make a number of choices:
It can be hard to make some of these decisions since many of our customers have never USED a training collar before.
- Do I want to train with continuous stimulation or momentary?
- Do I want Vibration or Tone?
- What if I want BOTH Vibration and Tone?
- How much Range do I really need?
- How many dogs will I want to control from one transmitter?
- Do I need a regular stimulation collar or does my dog require a stronger stimulation level?
- Is the collar's stimulation too strong for my dog?
- What if I have a mild temperament dog and another one that requires a much higher stimulation level?
- What if I need a different level for a softer dog?
I only use continuous stimulation, but you might prefer momentary. What if you THINK you want momentary and you buy a collar
that only has a momentary heavy setup, and then find out 6 months later that you really prefer to train with continuous? If you go with some brands of ecollars, you are out of luck.
The SportDOG 1825 Camo gives you the option of customizing your system to fit YOUR needs. It also allows you the option of changing the setup as your needs change or if you want different options in different situations.
The SportDOG SD 1825 Camo may just be a revolution in ecollar technology. 5 years ago SportDOG came on the market and gave us features that the older ecollar companies had refused to add to their systems. If it were not for SportDOG we would not have waterproof transmitters or expandable multi dog systems. The next time you drop your transmitter in the water, make sure you thank the boys at SportDOG for forcing the other companies to step up.
Now SportDOG has done it again putting the highest level of versatility in a long range e-collar.
RELATED REVIEWS:Do you have more than 1 dog?Best 2013 CollarsSportDOG SD-1825 ReviewSTEVE'S REVIEWSTone & Vibration
SportDOG SD-1825 Wetland Hunter Camo 5-dog
Multi-dog Collars / Systems:
Read more about SportDOG SD-1825 Camo 5-Dog
The Wetland Hunter SD1825 Camo is an incredibly versatile training collar and a good choice for all-around use.
The SportDOG SD 1825 Camo is designed for a wide range of dog handlers including pet owners, obedience trainers, bird hunters, rabbit hunters, and waterfowl hunters.
The SD-1825 Camo features 1 mile of range, a slim profile collar receiver that ensures a perfect fit, and a compact transmitter that's easy to handle. And it's waterproof!
Prefer a non-camo training collar? Check out the SportDOG SD-1825 Sport Hunter.
- Transmitter weight: .35 lbs
- Collar weight with Receiver: .3 lbs
- Collar length without Receiver: 28"
- Collar length with Receiver: 26"
Owner's Manual Download|
SportDOG SD-1825 Camo Owner's Manual, downloadable in .pdf format.
to read the SportDOG SD-1825 Camo Owner's Manual.
SportDOG SD-1825 Camo 5-Dog Overview:
The SD-1825 Camo is an incredibly versatile training collar and a good choice for all-around use. The SD 1825 Camo is a longer range version of the popular SD 2000. It has all of the features of the SD-2000 but adds more modes, vibration, longer range, faster charging, and a smaller improved collar. The SD 1825 Camo is a one mile system.
The SportDOG SD-1825 Camo is ideal for training in the yard, field, or for hunting with long range working dogs. Both the transmitter and receiver are waterproof and submersible. The 1825 Camo can be expanded to control up to six dogs by adding SportDOG Brand Add-A-Dog collars. The comfortable "soft coat" transmitter finish makes this unit a pleasure to handle. This is dog training gear the way you would design it.
SportDOG SD-1825 Camo 5-Dog Transmitter (Remote)
- Waterproof transmitter -- It's submersible, too! Drop the transmitter in the water, fish it out, and keep on training. Perfect for retriever training.
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries -- They're user replaceable, too. Heavy duty. They last 3-5 years with proper care.
- It's smart -- The SD-1825 Camo has a Low Battery Detect Indicator to make sure you don't get out in the field with a dead battery, and a built-in LED Battery Charge Indicator which lets you know when your transmitter is finished charging.
- No holster required -- The SD-1825 Camo transmitter is small enough to hang on a lanyard or clip on your belt with the built in Belt Clip.
- It's about the size of a small walkie-talkie or large cell phone -- The compact SD-1825 Camo remote transmitter only weighs 4.8 ounces and measures 7" x 2.12" x 1.12" with antenna.
- The "WetlandHunter" SD-1825 Camo transmitter is ergonomic and feels as good as it looks. The high-impact plastic with "no-slip grip" fits in the palm of your hand. Camo finish with black buttons.
- Built-in TOGGLE SWITCH -- Easy to upgrade to up to 6 dogs.
The SportDOG 1825 Camo gives you the option of customizing the transmitter to fit YOUR needs. It also allows you the option of changing the stimulation setup as your needs change or if you want different options in different situations.
You have one transmitter setting in 4-6 dog mode. It is 8 levels of continuous. The toggle switch selects between Dogs 1-3 and Dogs 4-6, with each button assigned to a different dog.
In a 1 or 2 dog setup, modes include Continuous, Momentary, Tone, Vibration, Low Continuous-High Continuous, Low Momentary - High Momentary, tone with stimulation delay, +2 jump level, and a programmable continuous hot button.
Change MODES in seconds by setting the transmitter dial and toggle switch to the mode you want. Next press the recessed button on the back of the transmitter. The transmitter light then flashes back the number of the mode you have selected. Modes can be changed as often as you like. Change them for different situations or training styles.
SportDOG SD-1825 Camo 5-Dog Collar
The SD 1825 Camo features a slim-profile collar design. The 1825 collar is designed to fit closer to your dog's neck and give a better profile look. The SD-1825 Camo uses a 3/4 inch collar strap. It is smaller than any collar receiver in its price and feature range.
- Internal antenna system
- Rugged molded case built to withstand all kinds of training and hunting conditions
- Waterproof Collar/Receiver (Perfect for Retriever Training)
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries are user-replaceable, heavy duty, and last 3-5 years with proper care
- Built-in LED is a battery charge indicator and test light
- Weight: 4.8 ounces with collar strap
- Receiver Dimensions (without collar strap): 3.12" x 1.25" x 1.25"
- Collar Dimensions: 3/4" wide, 26" collar strap fits up to 23" dog neck
- Camo strap included
Another feature in the 1825 Camo collar is the ability to change stimulation settings at the collar. The collar has a low, medium and high setting. This allows you the option of finding the correct range of stimulation for your dog. Lower the overall stimulation choices for more sensitive dogs and raise the levels for hard headed or stubborn ones.
You can change the collar setting at any time. You can also have collars set up on different levels and work them from the same transmitter. This allows you the option of working sensitive and stubborn dogs from the same transmitter.
SportDOG SD-1825 Camo 5-Dog Comes With:
- 5 active SportDOG SD 1825 camo collars
- SportDOG SD 1825 camo transmitter
- Transmitter antenna
- Short stimulation probes
- Long stimulation probes
- Adjustable camo collar straps with square roller buckle and metal keeper which fits up to a 23" neck
- User replaceable, rechargeable batteries in the collar + transmitter
- Wall chargers to charge transmitter and 5 collars
- 5 collar charging cradles
- Belt clip + lanyard for the transmitter
- Test light
- SportDOG Owner's Manual / Operating Guide
- "Behavior & Training Guide" booklet by Charles Jurney with Rick Smith and Tom Dokken
- Basic Training DVD featuring pro trainers Charles Jurney, Rick Smith, Tom Dokken, and Chris Akin
Features of the SportDOG SD-1825 Camo 5-Dog
- Waterproof and submersible Collar and Transmitter
- Advantage Max-4 camouflage pattern
- No external collar antenna to get hung up
- One mile range - Longest range at it's price point
- The SD1825 Camo is expandable to use with up to six dogs
- Push-button ON/OFF switch activated at the collar
- Instantly change stimulation intensity from the transmitter (tactile dial)
- Tone only option (1 & 2 dog modes only)
- Vibration only option (1, 2, & 3 dog modes only)
- Built in toggle switch (so you can upgrade to up to 6 dogs later)
- Rechargeable, user replaceable Lithium Ion batteries in collar and transmitter
- Two Hour Rapid Charge system
- Docking station collar charger
- Low Battery Detect indicators on both transmitter and receiver
- Backed by a Two Year Manufacturer Warranty
SportDOG SD-1825 Camo 5-Dog Batteries
- Lithium Ion Batteries
- Two Hour Rapid Charge System for the transmitter and collar
- Collar Docking Station -- no mud plugs required
- User-replaceable, rechargeable batteries in the collar and transmitter
- Get 40-60 hours "on time" between charges
- Comes with a DUAL LEAD CHARGER and collar cradle. Save time because you can charge both collar and transmitter at the same time from one plug
Stimulation from the SportDOG SD-1825 Camo 5-Dog
- The SD-1825 Camo has multiple intensity levels, which allows you to choose the stimulation that is best for your dog.
- Eight intensity levels can be quickly adjusted with the dial on the side of the transmitter. This means that you can instantly adjust intensity whenever distractions increase.
- Teach yardwork/obedience and enforce known commands with lower levels of stimulation.
- Use higher levels to stop unwanted chasing or to overcome strong distractions.
SportDOG SD-1825 Camo 5-Dog Range
One mile range, which is ample for most dog training or hunting situations. Actual range depends on training conditions, including weather, terrain, presence of cover, etc.
Related Products & Content: SportDOG SD-1825 Camo 5-Dog