Item # 5880
Steve Says: One of the downsides of the current GPS tracking collar market that has emerged in the last few years is a serious lack of investment or effort from ecollar manufacturers to keep their beeper technology current. While I much prefer a GPS tracking system over a beeper, they still have their place in the bird dog market, and we have not had a really good one on the market for quite some time.
SportDOG gets back into Ecollar / Beeper combo remote training collars with the SD-1875, perhaps the most versatile unit we have ever seen.
It includes a motion sensitive remote controlled beeper, stimulation, tone and vibration. Easily, the first of its kind. The SD 1875 gives you an enormous number of choices in how to set up your ecollar and does not limit you in non-stimulation choices. This is a very rare combination. Most units on the market today either have no choices or are limited to one (tone OR vibration). The 1875 gives you the option of both at the same time if needed. This can be really handy for training silent commands, especially for folks that hunt public birds that get a lot of pressure.
When you buy an ecollar you have to make a number of choices:
Do I want to train with continuous stimulation or momentary?
Do I want Vibration or Tone?
What if I want BOTH Vibration and Tone?
How much Range do I really need?
How many dogs will I want to control from one transmitter?
Do I need a regular stimulation collar or does my dog require a stronger stimulation level?
Is the collar's stimulation too strong for my dog?
What if I have a mild temperament dog and another one that requires a much higher stimulation level?
What if I need a different level for a softer dog?
It can be hard to make some of these decisions since many of our customers have never USED a training collar before.
I only use continuous stimulation, but you might prefer momentary. What if you THINK you want momentary and you buy a collar that only has a momentary heavy setup, and then find out 6 months later that you really prefer to train with continuous? If you go with some brands of ecollars, you are out of luck.
The SportDOG 1875 gives you the option of customizing your system to fit YOUR needs. It also allows you the option of changing the setup as your needs change, or if you want different options in different situations. It has all the great features that we have come to love in the SD-1825, but now with a remote controlled beeper that lets you know what your pointing dog is doing when he is out of sight.
RELATED REVIEWS:Introducing Dog to BeeperGUIDE: Beeper Collars
SportDOG Upland Hunter SD-1875 3-dog
Multi-dog Collars / Systems:
Read more about SportDOG SD-1875 3-dog
The Sport Hunter SD1875 is an incredibly versatile training collar that includes a remote controlled beeper that has a motion sensor that allows you to locate your big running bird dog and know if he's moving or on point.
The Beeper is different from the "tone" concept in most remote training collars. The beeper is a loud speaker horn that sits on top of the dogs neck. The sound of the beeper can be heard from a very long distance (150 to 400 yards depending on weather and terrain conditions). Tone is a very quiet sound that can only be heard when you are very close to the collar. It is generally used to give your dog warnings or silent commands. Unlike most combo trainer / beeper systems, the SD 1875 also has a tone option.
Beeper collars use a motion sensor to tell the hunter what your dog is doing. The Sport DOG SD-1875 beeper collar can be adjusted from the transmitter to Run / Point Mode, making one beep every 5 to 10 seconds while your the dog is moving and then changing to a beep every second when your dog stops, or to Point Mode Only, which means the collar makes no sound while your dog is moving, but kicks in to "point" mode when your dog stops.
The SD-1875 remote control works in combination with its electronic training collar. The transmitter allows you to turn the beeper on and off as the cover changes or as your dog extends his range from you. It is designed for a upland bird dog handlers but can also be used for folks that want the ability to locate their dog using a loud audible sound when their dog is out of sight.
You can customize your SportDOG SD-1875 to match your training preference. It comes out of the box set up in MODE-1 (a 7-level continuous + 7-level momentary stimulation one dog collar with tone on the dial), but it can easily be changed into 12 different modes with different button configurations. This allows you to customize your transmitter to your training needs. The wide range of stimulation levels and gradual increases between levels on the SD-1875 are particularly useful with sensitive dogs or breeds.
The SD-1875 features 1 mile of range, a slim profile collar receiver that ensures a perfect fit, low profile beeper and a compact transmitter that's easy to handle. Plus, it's waterproof and submersible!
- Transmitter weight: 0.35 lbs
- Collar weight with Receiver: 0.3 lbs
- Collar length without Receiver: 28"
- Collar length with Receiver: 26"
Owner's Manual Download|
SD-1875 Owner's Manual, downloadable in .pdf format.
to read the SD-1875 Owner's Manual.
SportDOG SD-1875 3-dog Transmitter (Remote)
- Upland Blaze Orange finish -- High visibility blaze orange finish makes the SD1875 transmitter easy to see.
- Waterproof transmitter -- It's submersible, too! Drop the transmitter in the water, fish it out, and keep on training.
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries -- They're user replaceable, too. Heavy duty. They last 3-5 years with proper care.
- It's smart -- The SD-1875 has a Low Battery Detect Indicator to make sure you don't get out in the field with a dead battery, and a built-in LED Battery Charge Indicator which lets you know when your transmitter is finished charging.
- No holster required -- The SD-1875 transmitter is small enough to hang on a lanyard or clip on your belt with the built in Belt Clip.
- It's about the size of a small walkie-talkie or large cell phone -- The compact SD-1875 remote transmitter only weighs 4.8 ounces and measures 7" x 2.12" x 1.12" with antenna.
- The SD-1875 transmitter is ergonomic and feels as good as it looks. The high-impact plastic with "no-slip grip" fits in the palm of your hand.
- Built-in TOGGLE SWITCH -- Easy to upgrade to up to 3 dogs. Select between color-coded straps when using with more than one dog.
The SportDOG 1875 gives you the option of customizing the transmitter to fit YOUR needs. It also allows you the option of changing the stimulation setup as your needs change or if you want different options in different situations. Mode setting also allow you the option to change the beeper sound and allow you to reset the transmitter frequency.
Change MODES in seconds by setting the transmitter dial and toggle switch to the mode you want. Next press the recessed button on the back of the transmitter. The transmitter light then flashes back the number of the mode you have selected. Modes can be changed as often as you like. Change them for different situations or training styles.
- Momentary, Continuous, Beeper Locate, Remote Beeper mode change and Tone on dial
- Continuous, Tone, Beeper Locate, Remote Beeper mode change and Vibe on the dial
- Low Continuous, High Continuous (14 levels), Beeper Locate, Remote Beeper mode change and Tone on the dial
- Continuous, Accessory button, Beeper Locate, Remote Beeper mode change and Tone on the dial
- Three Dog set up with Beeper Locate and Run Mode plus Tone on the dial
- Momentary, Continuous, Beeper Locate, Remote Beeper mode change and Vibe on dial
- Continuous, Vibe, Beeper Locate, Remote Beeper mode change and Vibe on the dial
- Low Continuous, High Continuous (14 levels), Beeper Locate, Remote Beeper mode change and Vibe on the dial
- Continuous, Accessory button, Beeper Locate, Remote Beeper mode change and Vibe on the dial
- Three Dog set up with Beeper Locate and Run Mode plus Vibe on the dial
- Continuous, Continuous +2 (Jump), Beeper Locate, Remote Beeper mode change and Vibe on the dial
SportDOG SD-1875 3-dog Collar
The SD 1875 features a slim-profile collar design. The SD 1875 collar is designed to fit closer to your dog's neck and give a better profile look. The SD-1875 also uses a 3/4 inch collar strap. It is smaller than any collar receiver in its price and feature range.
- Upland Blaze Orange Finish
- Internal antenna system
- Rugged molded case built to withstand all kinds of training and hunting conditions
- Waterproof Collar/Receiver
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries are user-replaceable, heavy duty, and last 3-5 years with proper care
- Built-in LED is a battery charge indicator and test light
- Weight: 4.8 ounces with collar strap
- Receiver Dimensions (without collar strap): 3.12" x 1.25" x 1.25"
- Collar Dimensions: 3/4" wide, 26" collar strap fits up to 23" dog neck
- Gray strap included
Another feature in the 1875 collar is the ability to change stimulation settings at the collar. The collar has a low, medium and high setting. This allows you the option of finding the correct range of stimulation for your dog. Lower the overall stimulation choices for more sensitive dogs and raise the levels for hardheaded or stubborn ones.
When the 1875 collar turns on it will tell you which mode it is in. One beep is "Low," two beeps is "Medium," three beeps is "High." All 1875 collars come out of the box in "Medium" mode.
You can change the collar setting at any time. You can also have collars set up on different levels and work them from the same transmitter. This allows you the option of working sensitive and stubborn dogs from the same transmitter.
SportDOG SD-1875 3-dog Comes With:
- Three active SportDOG SD 1875 collars
- SportDOG SD 1875 transmitter
- Three SportDOG beepers
- Transmitter antenna
- Three sets of short stimulation probes
- Three sets of long stimulation probes
- Three adjustable gray collar straps with square roller buckles and metal keepers which fit up to a 23" neck
- User replaceable, rechargeable batteries in the collars, transmitter, and beepers
- Wall chargers to charge transmitter and 3 collars + beepers
- Three collar charging cradles with additional beeper plug
- Belt clip + lanyard for the transmitter
- Test light
- SportDOG Owner's Manual / Operating Guide
- "Behavior & Training Guide" booklet by Charles Jurney with Rick Smith and Tom Dokken
- Basic Training DVD featuring pro trainers Charles Jurney, Rick Smith, Tom Dokken, and Chris Akin
Features of the SportDOG SD-1875 3-dog
- Waterproof and submersible collar, transmitter, and beeper
- No external collar antenna to get hung up
- One mile range
- Push-button ON/OFF switch activated at the collar
- Customizable transmitter settings -- choose from 12 pre-set modes
- Up to 14 levels of continuous or momentary stimulation
- Instantly change stimulation intensity from the transmitter (tactile dial)
- Tone and Vibration options including modes that feature both
- Built in toggle switch
- Rechargeable, user replaceable Lithium Ion batteries in collar, transmitter, and beeper
- Two hour rapid charge system
- Docking station collar charger
- Low Battery Detect indicators on both transmitter and receiver
- Backed by a Two Year Manufacturer Warranty
SportDOG SD-1875 3-dog Beeper Collar
The SD 1875 Beeper has 9 different sound options that should fit the needs of most hunters and also allow folks to find a sound that they can hear best based on their particular hearing. Another advantage of multiple sounds is that you can easily identify different dogs based simply on sound.
SD-1875 Beeper Sounds:
- High Volume Beep
- High Volume Hawk
- Double High Beep
- Bob White Quail Call
- High Falling to Low Beep
- Triple Beep
- Double High Falling to Low Beep
- Low Volume Beep
- Low Volume Hawk
The SD-1875 beeper is designed to be heard at a very long distance -- around 400 yards would be common in very open situations. I have run into situations where I have heard beepers up to 800 yards, but it's very difficult to set an exact distance on how far you will be able to hear the beeper since there are a number of factors that affect this, including your hearing, wind, the dog's location, and cover.
- Most upland hunters have experienced a certain amount of hearing loss from shotgun blasts. Plus, even if you protect your hearing, you will naturally start to lose your upper frequency hearing range as you get older. One of the advantages of the 1875 beeper is that it has 9 different sounds for you to try and find the best one that works for your hearing.
- High winds make it difficult to hear any beeper.
- If your dog is down in a canyon or above you, the sound will have a hard time getting to your ears.
- Anything between you and your dog, including trees, will also cause the sound to break up and make it harder to hear.
SportDOG SD-1875 3-dog Batteries
- Lithium Ion Batteries
- Two Hour Rapid Charge System for the transmitter, collar, and beeper
- Collar Docking Station -- no mud plugs required
- User-replaceable, rechargeable batteries in the collar, transmitter, and beeper
- Get 40-60 hours "on time" between charges
- Comes with a DUAL LEAD CHARGER and collar cradle. Save time because you can charge both collar and transmitter at the same time from one plug
Stimulation from the SportDOG SD-1875 3-dog
- The SD-1875 has multiple intensity levels, which allows you to choose the stimulation that is best for your dog.
- Seven intensity levels can be quickly adjusted with the dial on the side of the transmitter. This means that you can instantly adjust intensity whenever distractions increase.
- Teach yardwork/obedience and enforce known commands with lower levels of stimulation.
- Use higher levels to stop unwanted chasing or to overcome strong distractions.
- Up to 14 levels of continuous or momentary stimulation, depending on which mode you choose.
The SportDOG SD1875 models can have a low and a high button for continuous stimulation. The low continuous stimulation levels and gradual increases between levels on the SD1875 are particularly useful with sensitive dogs or breeds.
SportDOG SD-1875 3-dog Range
One mile range, which is ample for most dog training or hunting situations. Actual range depends on training conditions, including weather, terrain, presence of cover, etc.
Related Products & Content: SportDOG SD-1875 3-dog