Item # 11107
Steve Says: The Tritronics Sport Upland G3 2 Dog System replaces the Sport 65 and is perfect for bird dog folks that want the convenience of a smaller transmitter but also need the remote control features of the beeper locater. This collar combines all the stimulation features of the Sport Basic with the Tri-Tronics Upland G3 Accessory Beeper, plus it has all of the EXP features. This is the first time we have had the option of an affordable two or three dog beeper-trainer from Tri-Tronics. I seldom meet many bird hunters that have only one dog and the ones that I do meet are always talking about that "future" second or third dog.
A two dog system allows you to control two dogs independently from one transmitter using the color coded Dog Selector Dial that matches the colors of the collar straps. Each dog's stimulation is independent from the other dog's and you cannot correct both dogs at the same time. You can move back and forth between the dogs quickly at the times that both dogs need correction. Click here to read my article on using a multi dog system. This is a great collar for all of your problem solving needs for two dogs and will also work great as a training collar.
The Sport Upland also allows you independent control of both beeper collars. This is a great feature when you are running two dogs with beepers. It never fails, when you have one dog working close, you can't hear the other dog's beeper that is working in the distance. With the Sport Upland 2 Dog, simply cut off the close dogs beeper at the remote and now you can hear the bigger running dog. Turn the close dogs beeper back on when you need it.
This is a great collar for bird dog folks that need a problem solver (stop them from running off game or ranging out too far) and a Upland training collar for reliable recall for the dog that doesn't like to quit at the end of the day. The collar is also very popular with the Upland flushing dog owners that need to locate their retrievers and spaniels in the tall CRP grass and corn fields while hunting pheasants.
The Sport Upland now has 10 levels of both momentary and continuous stimulation. The wide choice of stimulation levels makes it one of the best collars on the market, especially for folks looking for a high quality, durable system with all of the reliability of the Tri-Tronics name.
RELATED REVIEWS:Do you have more than 1 dog?Beeper CollarsTritronics G3 Sport REVIEWSTritronics Buyers' GuideBest 2013 CollarsTri-Tronics G3 Field/Pro ReviewSTEVE'S REVIEWS
Tri-tronics G3 Sport Upland 2 dog COMPLETE Beeper + Training Collar Combo
Designed with the bird hunter in mind. + FREE SHIPPING US48
Control both your dogs and control both beepers independently, all with one small transmitter.
Designed with the bird hunter in mind
You will always know where your dogs are hunting and when they goes on point
The beeper is adjustable on the collar strap to stay correctly positioned and fit any sized dog
| What's New in the Sport Upland EXP G3 2-dog|
Now the Tri-Tronics "COMPLETE" Multi-Dog Systems from Gun Dog Supply include everything you need to use and charge your system. With the Sport Upland 2-dog COMPLETE you get 1 dual-lead charger and 2 receiver cradles so you can charge all your collars at the same time. You also get all the collar straps.
Multi-dog Collars / Systems:
Read more about Sport Upland EXP G3 2-dog
Designed with the bird hunter in mind, the Tritronics Sport Upland is an improved version of the Tri-Tronics Sport 65. It combines Tri-Tronics' popular and economical Sport G3 Series Remote Trainer with the feature packed Tri-Tronics Upland G3 Accessory Beeper in a two dog model. This unique design allows remote activation or deactivation of both beepers from up to 1/2 mile away. Plus, EXP technology lets you add a third dog and remote beeper to your two dog system at any time.
The Sport Upland is a versatile remote training collar and a good choice for all-around use with ten levels of continuous and momentary stimulation instantly selectable at the transmitter. This means that you can instantly adjust intensity whenever distractions increase.
The G3 versions of the Sport collars are a drastic improvement over previous Sport products because of the wider choice of stimulation levels. The earlier Sport models only had 6 intensity levels and did not work as a "training collar" with many of the more sensitive dogs. Adding 4 additional levels to the stimulation setup has increased the spread on this collar to a wide enough range (slowly increasing the levels as you go up) to make the G3 Upland a much better remote trainer.
The Beeper is adjustable on the collar strap to stay correctly positioned and fit any sized dog. You will always know where your dog is hunting and when he goes on point. Control your dog and control his beeper, all with one small transmitter. It's easy to carry no matter where or what you hunt.
- Transmitter weight: .3 lbs
- Collar weight with Receiver and Beeper: .6 lbs
- Collar length without Receiver: 27"
- Collar length with Receiver: 23"
Owner's Manual Download|
Tri-Tronics G3 Owner's Manual, downloadable in .pdf format.
to read the Tri-Tronics G3 Owner's Manual.
Sport Upland EXP G3 2-dog Overview:
Designed with the bird hunter in mind, the Sport Upland G3 combines the training features of the Sport Basic with the remote beeper locater. It has the high quality and unmatched performance of Tri-Tronics at an affordable price. The Sport Upland G3 is a good choice for all of your problem solving and Upland training needs.
The wider spread of stimualtion levels in this collar allow you to find the correct level for your dog in any training situation
Now with EXP technology. Add additional dogs to your Sport Transmitter as your needs change.
Sport Upland EXP G3 2-dog Transmitter (Remote)
Smaller and ergonomically shaped, the G3 transmitter fits your hand better and is more comfortable to use and carry. Plus, the sure-grip rubber coating feels great in your hand and is not slick or slippery when wet
Another feature is the 1 1/2 inch integrated transmitter antenna. Previous models required a 3 to 3 1/2 inch antenna to get the same range as this system. Lowering the antenna has drastically reduced the overall size of the transmitters with no loss in range. This a great improvement considering the number of replacement antennas that we sell each year. You can't loose or break this one.
The Sport G3 transmitters are fully waterproof and submersible -- these systems are prefect for training in wet and raining conditions with no worry about damaging your training gear.
The Sport Upland has three black waterproof rubber buttons that control the stimulation and beeper feature. The bottom black button instantly controls 10 levels of momentary stimulation. The middle black button (with raised nub so you can feel the difference) instantly controls 10 levels of continuous stimulation. The top black button controls the remote beeper locater.
Stimulation levels are controlled using the ISS Dial (Intensity Selector Switch) on the top right hand side of the transmitter. It allows for true one handed operation using your right or left hand. You can easily change the stimulation level with you thumb and also use your thumb to press any of the three buttons.
Directly below the ISS dial is the color coded "Dog Selector" dial. Select between Dog 1 (black) and Dog 2 (red). This dial allows you to select between three color coded positions that match the three color strap colors (orange, green, & yellow) if you decide to add more dogs to your system.
Another advantage to the Dog selector dial is that it allows you to set your transmitter on a higher level but still cut it off to avoid accidental corrections. For example, if you have a dog that likes to chase other animals, cars, or people in off leash situations, you will need to have your transmitter on a high level to stop him. Instead of leaving the dial set on the high level and accidentally correcting him, use the dog selector dial to change over to another collar that you are not using. When you need to correct the dog simply change the DSD to the correct collar color and make the correction. After you are done, move the dial back to the other color and never worry about an additional correction.
The G3 Sport transmitter uses a replaceable nine volt battery. Some folks look at this as a bad thing, preferring a rechargeable transmitter, but we find that even the folks that use these transmitters every day get over six months of training from one battery. Average users can expect to get close to one year from a battery. The transmitter features a low battery indicator that tells you when it's time to change it out. When the battery gets low the LED light on the transmitter will start to flash when you use the continuous button. With a fresh battery the light will glow solid when you press these buttons.
Weight: 4.83 ounces
Dimensions: 5.5 " tall X 2" wide X 1.75" deep
Sport Upland EXP G3 2-dog Collar
- The G3 Collar is 1/3 smaller and lighter with a lower profile, improved curved shape, and improved collar strap guides
- The rugged, molded case is built made from Lexan (the same material used in bullet-proof windshields) which can withstand all kinds of training and hunting conditions
- All Tritronics collars are 100% waterproof -- perfect for retrievers!
- ON/OFF switch activated at the collar
- Waterproof, removeable battery pack
- 3-Way battery charge indicator with built-in test light with an improved light tube that makes it easy to see even in bright sunlight
- Internal antenna system
- No exposed charging ports to gather debris, no covers to remove for charging
- Weight = 7.2 ounces
- Length = 27 inches (with receiver mounted to collar)
- Receiver Dimensions = 2.5 X 1.5 X 1.5 inches (without collar strap)
- Collar Dimensions = 29.5 X 1 inches (without receiver mounted)
- G3 EXP Collars will fit dogs with neck sizes from 10-inches to 24-inches
Sport Upland EXP G3 2-dog Comes With:
All Tritronics G3 Collars come with our "No Risk, 30-day Money Back Guarantee." If something happens within the first 30 days or if you are unsatisfied for any reason contact us and we will take care of you. After the first 30 days, the Tritronics warranty picks up. All Tritronics G3 Collars come with a 2 year warranty which covers all parts and labor. Warranties are transferable if you sell your collar.
- 2 active Tri-Tronics Sport Upland G3 collars with orange and green square buckle straps
- Tri-Tronics Sport Upland G3 transmitter
- 2 Tri-Tronics Remote Beepers
- Transmitter lanyard
- 2 collar battery charging cradles + wall charger
- 2 sets of long contact points
- 2 sets of short contact points
- Contact point wrench
- Owner's Guide
- J. Paul Jackson "Basic Training" DVD
See the Tritronics web site for the latest Tri-Tronics Warranty Information.
Features of the Sport Upland EXP G3 2-dog
- 10 levels of continuous stimulation instantly selectable at the transmitter
- 10 levels of momentary stimulation instantly selectable at the transmitter
- Ergonomic shaped transmitter fits better in your hand
- Integrated 1-1/2" transmitter antenna
- Waterproof collar-receiver and transmitter
- Remote controlled beeper locater
- Rechargeable collar (charger and cradle included) for rapid two hour charge time
- 9-volt replaceable battery in the transmitter (lasts between 6 months and a year depending on use)
- Half-mile range
- Insulated contact points to ensure consistent and reliable stimulation in the water
- Interchangeable long and short contact points included allowing use on dogs with all coat types
- Adjustable orange and green collar straps with square double (K9) buckles and metal keepers fits neck sizes between 10-24 inches
- Upgradeable to a fully functional three dog system using EXP receivers and Upland G3 Beepers
- FREE Basic Training DVD
- No Risk 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
- Two Year Warranty - no service or return shipping charges
- Assembled in U. S. A.
- FREE STANDARD SHIPPING in Continental United States (US48)
Sport Upland EXP G3 2-dog Beeper Collar
- Weighs less than 3 oz.
- Audible range of over 1/4 mile
- Sound safely directed away from your dog's ears
- Lower octave tone is easier to hear for more experienced upland hunters
- Choose from 8 different preset Hunt Mode and Point Mode sound combinations including hawk scream
- Beeper position is completely adjustable -- unit fits both larger and smaller breeds
- Easy to use one button operation
- Red and green mode indicator LEDs
- No connecting wires to bend or break
- Beeper can be used as an accessory without the remote trainer
- Remote trainer can be used without beeper - remove it from the collar when you don't need it
- Uses one replaceable CR123A lithium battery (included)
Sport Upland EXP G3 2-dog Batteries
The G3 charging system for Sport Series Collars is a much improved, high-performance battery charging system.
Comes with a compact charging cradle. No exposed charging jacks. No charging jack covers to remove or replace.
Rechargeable NiMH batteries. These are user-replaceable. Heavy duty. Last 3-5 years with proper care.
Waterproof, removable battery packs
Trickle charge mode - Fully charged units may be left on the charger indefinitely because the smart charger "knows" if a battery needs to be charged or not.
Rapid charging system: completely charge your collar within 2 hours. Before G3 this would take 14 hours!
Charge any collar at any time. You do not have to completely drain the battery to recharge it.
Stimulation from the Sport Upland EXP G3 2-dog
- The Sport Upland G3 has 10 levels of continuous stimulation which means you control the timing and length of the stimulation by how long you press the button
- The Sport Upland G3 also has 10 levels of momentary stimulation which is a pre-measured amount of stimulation that cuts on and off quickly, no matter how long the button is held
- Instantly change stimulation intensity (+/-levels) from the transmitter
- Tactile dial with clicks between levels allows you to raise and lower the stimulation level by feel without ever having to take you eyes off your dog
- Insulated contact points to ensure consistent and reliable stimulation in the water
- Interchangeable contact points for long or short coated dogs
Sport Upland EXP G3 2-dog Range
Collar range up to 1/2 mile.
Maximum range is based on "line of sight." This means that to get the full range out of a system there should be nothing between the transmitter and the receiver and the terrain should be flat and open. This isn't going to happen in most places that we spend time with our dogs.
The range on all of the systems that we carry depends on training conditions, including weather, terrain, and the presence of cover.
Remember, too much range will never hurt, but too little can be a problem.
NOTE: The G3 collars feature a slightly different kind of continuous stimulation that will increase the systems ability to reach maximum distance in heavy cover and difficult terrain situations.
The Pulsating Continuous Stimulation on the G3 collars transforms the old style continuous stimulation from a single impulse to a rapid succession of pulses. Because this is a "broken" signal instead of a single transmission it does a better job of reaching the receiver at maximum distance.
The pulses are so rapid that it gives the feeling of the old style continuous stimulation but increases the transmitters ability to reach maximum distance.
Accessories for your Sport Upland EXP G3 2-dog
Related Products & Content: Sport Upland EXP G3 2-dog