By: Drew Schmidt
Family pet. No Joke. This thing has been a complete game changer in terms of enjoying time with our boy!I belabored spending more than $100 for something I wasn’t sure we’d get value from but am glad I followed the solid advice on Gundog Supply and went with Steve’s Pick.
When we first got it, the dog was oblivious, so I called gun dog and Steve suggested snugging it up and making sure it rides high on his neck. Did that and BINGO... the dog responded instantly to the vibrate and quickly got the hang of it. Of course, he also started to figure out the vibrate isn’t much but adjusting the correction level to even 3 would instantly get his attention. He’s since gotten a bit more bold and will sometimes take a 6 if he’s really wanting something, but without fail comes running back.
I’ve shocked myself with it to see how bad it is and it’s just like a good static pop from an old television set..but plenty to get his attention and we haven’t had to go beyond 6
Furthermore, the boy HATES wearing a leash and loves putting this thing on because he knows he’s going to have freedom. We live in the burbs and I don’t hunt but we take him to woods, etc and he cuts loose swimming etc and loves it. This has changed my relationship with our dog and both of us enjoy not being tethered to a leash.
Few Things on the device
- waterproof and battery life/charge have been great. I just get in habit of putting on the charger once a day at some point
- range is awesome. He’s been almost mile away in woods and comes running
- at first I thought the material on the collar was a bit strange but it had held up awesome in mud, river water, you name it!
- the old school analog dial and simple buttons —LOVE IT. Can be -10 and I don’t have to take it out of pocket and I know exactly where it’s tuned. If I forget, I back the dial without looking to the stop and then count the clicks up. Simple and works great without having to pull it out of pocket and look.
- we haven’t used the two dog feature but it’s great to have even with one dog because you can toggle the switch down and not worry about your dog getting zapped if you sit on it with it in your pocket.
Bottom line - Would highly recommend you stop the search and worry about if it’s inhumane to use something like this on your pup. YOU have all the control you need and it’s abiut getting the dogs attention, NOT “shockingly them. I’m a firm believer that if you use this properly it’ll be a game changer for you and your dog. I know Willy would give two paws up as well.
I can’t recommend this thing enough to anyone and Gun Dog support was fantastic. Their price was excellent too but II’d personally pay More here for their support than some bozo that doesn’t know anything about it on amaz on or elsewhere.
Stop thinking about it and GET IN THERE!!
St Charles IL
Review ID: 34332
out of 5-stars.