6.1 -- Training Your Dog: Come, Pairing Obedience Commands, Place and Down --
Session One Come:
1. Using your long line, allow your dog to get 20 feet away from you before calling him back to you.
2. Practice for 5 minutes.
3. Incorporate play that is fun for your dog throughout the session.
Pairing Sit and Down:
1. Have your dog sitting in the heel position.
2. Give the sit command and step 3 feet in front of him.
3. Move from side to side, then return to reward your dog every 5 seconds.
4. Perform this exercise for 30 seconds, and then return to the heel position.
5. While in heel position, give your dog the down command and guide him into the down position.
6. Now pivot directly in front of your dog, one foot away.
7. Maintain this position for 30 seconds, rewarding your dog every 5 seconds.
8. Remember to release your dog while you are standing upright, and then play briefly with him.
9. Repeat the above sequence 2 times.