8.2 -- Training Your Dog: Place, Heel with Halt, Sit and Down --
Session Two Sit:
1. Have your dog sitting in heel position.
2. If your dog breaks, PRESS THE STIMULATION BUTTON. Immediately repeat the command “Sit,” guiding him into position.
3. Immediately release the stimulation button once your dog is sitting.
4. Praise for sitting.
5.After 10 seconds release your dog and play.
6. Repeat steps 1 through 5 for 5 repetitions.
1. Practice the down command.
2. Perform 2 down exercises for 30 seconds each, in different locations of your home or yard.
3. Step 2 feet away from your dog during this exercise, moving from side-to-side, once he is settled into the down position.
TRIPLE CROWN TIPS
You should begin to use your Remote Collar to reinforce come, sit and place commands when needed, but not near people or other animals. You do not want your dog to think the person or animal he is near caused the stimulation as remote collars are nondirectional. Hold your leash or long line whenever you reinforce a command with your Remote Collar. Assisting your dog with the leash or long line will help your dog learn faster. DO NOT use your Remote Collar to reinforce commands that have not yet been covered . Sit at heel. If dog breaks, hold down stimulation button and repeat command. Release stimulation once dog is sitting. Praise for sitting.