14.2 -- Training Your Dog: Come, Heel with Halt, and Place -1
Session One Come:
1. Using your long line, allow your dog to get 20 feet away, before calling him back.
2. Practice for 5 minutes, using your Remote Collar as needed.
3. Incorporate play that is fun for your dog, such as short-distance fetching, throughout the session.
Heel with Halt:
1.Walk forward with your dog in heel position.
2. If your dog forges out of heel position, PRESS AND HOLD THE STIMULATION BUTTON. Immediately repeat the command “Heel” and do an about turn.
3. IMMEDIATELY release the button when your dog returns to heel position, and then praise him.
4. Slow your pace several feet, before coming to a Halt.
5. Just before stopping, give the command “Sit.” If your dog fails to sit, use your Remote Collar the next 3 times you give him this command.
6. Praise and reward your dog.
7. Practice the above sequence, for 2 minutes.