16.1 -- Training Your Dog: Sit at the Door, Down, Sit for Greetings, and -- Pairing Obedience Commands --
Session One Sit at the Door:
1. Keep your dog in the sit position, at the door, for 60 seconds.
2. Calmly praise and reward your dog every 20 seconds.
3. Reinforce the sit command using your Remote Collar, as needed.
4. Invite your dog through the door, using your release word.
5. Repeat the above sequence from the opposite side of the door.
1.With your dog sitting in heel position, hold the leash in your right hand 12 inches from the snap.
2. Give the command “Down,” then immediately give a “Pop” downward. Help your dog into position with your left hand.
3. Praise and reward your dog when he is in the correct position.
4. Pivot and step in front of your dog.
5.When your dog has maintained the down position for 60 seconds without reinforcement, return to Heel position, then reward him.
6. Release your dog after 20 seconds, then calmly play with him.
7. Repeat the above sequence. Dog sitting at the door. Open the door and watch your dog. Step backwards through the door.