Item # 1818
Steve Says: I had the opportunity to meet Charlie Jurney in 2004 at a new product demonstration at the SportDOG Collars offices in Knoxville, Tennessee. After having a couple of days to see him work dogs and hear his philosophy on dog training, I felt like "Finished Dog: A Complete Training Manual for the Finished Hunting Retriever" would be a great addition to our catalog.
I think the thing I enjoy the most about his book is the way he credits other trainers when he has adapted their ideas to his training methods. There is an open-minded feeling to his book that shows how you can always learn new ideas and techniques to improve the way you train and interact with your dog.
His book is written in a very enjoyable question and answer format, making it one of those dog training books that is hard to put down. I highly recommend it!
"FINISHED DOG: A Complete Training
Manual for the Finished Hunting Retriever"
by Charles Jurney
Designed to produce a finished retriever.
Copyright 2001, 352 pages, spiral bound cover, black and white photos and illustrations
This book is designed to produce a finished retriever for waterfowl
hunting, upland hunting, field trial or hunt testing.
Finished Dog is full of dog training tips and is loaded with diagrams and photos
detailing how to develop and train your retriever.
Charles Jurney teaches how to use an e-collar the correct way, but he also
understands that this method is not for everyone. He covers both
e-collar and non-collar training in this book.
"FINISHED DOG" by Charles Jurney TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. How do we train canines? Learning, Conditioning, Challenging
2. What is resistance free training?
3. Where do we find a dog with the right stuff?
4. What is the most traumatic time in a dog's life?
5. Why are pup's first six months the most important time in his life?
6. Why is crate training a good thing?
7. Should you keep your dog in the home or in a kennel?
8. When do you introduce pup to a collar and leash?
9. What are fun bumpers and how do we use them?
10. Do you want your dog to retrieve decoys?
11. Why do some dogs not like going into the water?
12. How do you make pup comfortable in a boat?
13. Have you ever seen a gun shy dog?
14. How do you get pup to give you the correct bird?
15. Why does pup need to work on a chain gang?
16. What is an EZ Lead / Wonder Lead and why is it used on dogs?
17. Who was Ivan Petrovich Pavlov and what does he have to do with a dog learning to be obedient?
18. How do you get your dog to wag his tail during force fetching?
19. Do you want to use an electronic collar and have pup like it?
20. How does your dog learn good marking skills and why can't you do it by yourself?
21. What is the best way to make your dog steady without losing desire?
22. How does a dog improve his vision with a marking pattern?
23. How do I begin training pup to handle?
24. What is the easiest way for pup to learn to whistle stop?
25. What is single-T?
26. How do we correct pup's wrong casts?
27. Why do we use double-T?
28. What is the importance of handling on the return?
29. Do you want to use literal or momentum casting?
30. Why does your dog handle well on land but struggle in water?
31. How does your pup learn to take a good initial line?
32. Why do you cast pup around the wagon wheel?
33. Should you run field blinds before mastering the diversion drill?
34. Why will pattern blinds not cause pup problems?
35. What makes pup want to cheat?
36. What does a pup learn in a multiple blind drill?
37. Why does pup go to school to learn multiple marks?
38. How can pup learn to honor another dog's work and be happy?
39. Should pup learn to follow his nose?
40. How does pup learn to become a happy upland hunter?
41. Do you want pup to be steady to wing, shot and fall?
42. How do you take pup hunting for the first season?
43. Are these all the skills pup needs to become an event dog?
44. How much pressure is too much?
Sometimes also referred to as: finished dog charles jurney, finished dog book, charlie journeys finished dog, finished dog, charles jurney force fetch, finished dog by, finished dog journey, finisheddog.com, charles jurney, finished dog, finished dog by charles jurney, the finish dog book, ..........,
Copy Cow Press
GUN DOG SUPPLY - "Serving Hunting & Field Dog Owners Nationally Since 1972."
Order online via Secure Server or call 1-800-624-6378 to order! GDS Warehouse, 312 Industrial Park Road, Starkville, Mississippi, 39759 USA.
See us on the Facebook
All words & pictures are copyright © 1997-2013, Gun Dog Supply or their respective owners. All rights reserved. Buy online with confidence when you order discount retriever hunting dog supplies, canine training equipment, k-9 accessories, and training products for your gun dog, bird dog, or working retriever. Your on-line purchase is protected through secure server ordering. Review our 100% satisfaction guarantee. Shop our canine closeout items, best bargains, k9 discount prices, good deals, cheap stuff and other values for sale. Compare our products in reviews, reports, comparisons, reports, and buyers guides.