Item # 4545
SportDOG SD-1225Rated stars from 3 customer ratings.
Summary: Aloha, I bought a Sportdog SD-1825 2-dog system for my girls. Not only did Gundogsupply assist me in what model to buy, they gave me links to their website with the info I needed. Once I purchased my e-collars they shipped them fast. I was a little confused on how to tie in the extra collar when they arrived so I called them up and they walked me through it step by step. EXCELLENT customer service! I would recommend them to anyone and will be purchasing from them again! Mahalo Aubrie~Kauai
Steve Says: The SportDOG SD-1225 is like a little brother to the popular SD-1825. It uses the exact same collar receiver as the 1825, but with a smaller transmitter and a slightly reduced range (3/4 mile vs. 1 mile).
Like the SD-1825, the SD-1225 receiver collar has 3 programmable stimulation settings, allowing you to choose between low, medium, and high stimulation to more accurately address your dog's stimulation needs.
The SD-1225 transmitter doesn't have the toggle switch found on the 1825, so you have fewer modes to choose from, but it still maintains all the same functions as the 1825: continuous stimulation, momentary stimulation, vibration, and tone.
The only multi-dog mode on the SD-1225 offers continuous stimulation only, one button for each dog.
The 1225 maintains 16 levels of continuous stimulation, but drops down to only 8 levels of momentary stimulation.
The modes to help you personalize your system to fit YOUR dog's needs include:
- Continuous, Momentary, Tone (1 Dog Only)
- High-Continuous, Low-Continuous, Tone (1 Dog Only)
- Dog 1, Dog 2, Dog 3 (all continuous)
- Continuous, Momentary, Vibration (1 Dog Only)
- High-Continuous, Low-Continuous, Programmable Continuous (A hot button of sorts. You set the intensity.) (1 Dog Only)
- High-Continuous, Low-Continuous, Vibration (1 Dog Only)
- Continuous, Tone, Vibration (1 Dog Only)
Sportdog SD-1825 2-dog system
Reviewed: April 5, 2011
By: pukapassion / Aubrie~KauaiAloha, I bought a Sportdog SD-1825 2-dog system for my girls. Not only did Gundogsupply assist me in what model to buy, they gave me links to their website with the info I needed. Once I purchased my e-collars they shipped them fast. I was a little confused on how to tie in the extra collar when they arrived so I called them up and they walked me through it step by step. EXCELLENT customer service! I would recommend them to anyone and will be purchasing from them again! Mahalo Aubrie~Kauai
SD-1225 Great Collar!
Reviewed: December 23, 2010
By: DMSHave been using this collar hard, daily for the last year. Best training investment I have made. Easy to use, Easy to configure. I like the flexibility of it. Both remote and receiver have been wet, packed with mud, caked with snow, and show very little wear. I would not hesitate to purchase this collar again. Also, the fast recharge time, and long battery time are a big bonus.
Reviewed: May 13, 2011
By: Gretchen Willlingham
2 dogs: Border Collie. Pet. I wish there was a rating above excellent. I have what my dog trainer says is the most hard headed dog she has ever had. I ordered the SC 1225 because she would bolt when she was outside. My husband was skeptical because of her personality. Not kidding when I say it has been a life saver. I rarely have to use stimulation on her. The beep sound reminds her to pay attention...she knows what comes next.
My other rescue is very timid as he was badly abused. He only needs the tone. I love this collar because you can start out with the tone or as I did with the vibration. It has both options.
I am pretty sure I am this collars biggest fan!!!
RELATED REVIEWS:Best 2013 CollarsSTEVE'S REVIEWSTone & Vibration
SportDOG Sport Hunter SD-1225
The SportDOG SD-1225 is like a little brother to the popular SD-1825.
Multi-dog Collars / Systems:
Read more about SportDOG SD-1225
The SportDOG Sport Hunter SD 1225 is a 3/4 mile range version of the popular SD 800. It has all of the features of the SD-800 but adds more modes, vibration, longer range, faster charging, and a smaller improved collar.
You can customize your SportDOG SD-1225 to match your training preference. It comes out of the box set up in MODE-1 (an 8-level continuous + 8-level momentary stimulation one dog collar with a separate tone button), but it can easily be changed
into 7 different modes with different button configurations. This allows you to customize your transmitter to your training needs. The wide range of stimulation levels and gradual increases between levels on the SD-1225 are particularly useful with sensitive dogs or breeds.
The SD-1225 features a 3/4 mile range, a slim profile collar receiver that ensures a perfect fit, and a compact transmitter that's easy to handle. You are also able to transform your one dog system into a two or three dog unit with the "Add-A-Dog" feature. And it's waterproof!
- Transmitter weight: .25 lbs
- Collar weight with Receiver: .3 lbs
- Collar length without Receiver: 28"
- Collar length with Receiver: 26"
Owner's Manual Download|
SportDOG SD-1225 Owner's Manual, downloadable in .pdf format.
to read the SportDOG SD-1225 Owner's Manual.
SportDOG SD-1225 Overview:
The SportDOG SD-1225 is ideal for training in the yard, field, or for hunting with mid-range working dogs. Both the transmitter and receiver are waterproof and submersible. The 1225 can be expanded to control up to three dogs by adding SportDOG Brand Add-A-Dog collars. The comfortable "soft coat" transmitter finish makes this unit a pleasure to handle. This is dog training gear the way you would design it.
You can customize your SportDOG SD-1225 to match your training preferences. It comes set up in the standard 8-level continuous + 8-level momentary stimulation one dog collar with a non-stimulation tone button, but it can easily be changed into 7 different modes with different button configurations including vibration. The low continuous stimulation levels and gradual increases between levels on the SD-1225 are particularly useful with sensitive dogs or breeds.
You are also able to transform your one dog system at any time into a two or three dog system using the "Add-A-Dog" feature.
SportDOG SD-1225 Transmitter (Remote)
- Waterproof transmitter -- It's submersible, too! Drop the transmitter in the water, fish it out, and keep on training. Perfect for retriever training.
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries -- They're user replaceable, too. Heavy duty. They last 3-5 years with proper care.
- It's smart -- The SD-1225 has a Low Battery Detect Indicator to make sure you don't get out in the field with a dead battery, and a built-in LED Battery Charge Indicator which lets you know when your transmitter is finished charging.
- No holster required -- The SD-1225 transmitter is small enough to hang on a lanyard or clip on your belt with the built in Belt Clip.
- It's about the size of a small walkie-talkie or large cell phone -- The compact SD-1225 remote transmitter only weighs 4 ounces and measures 7" x 1.75" x 7/8" with antenna.
- The "SportHunter" SD-1225 transmitter is ergonomic and feels as good as it looks. The high-impact plastic with "no-slip grip" fits in the palm of your hand. Matte black finish with safety-orange trim.
The SportDOG 1225 gives you the option of customizing the transmitter to fit YOUR needs. It also allows you the option of changing the stimulation setup as your needs change or if you want different options in different situations.
Modes include Continuous, Momentary, Tone, Vibration, Low Continuous-High Continuous, and Multi-dog Mode featuring one button per dog (Continuous only).
Change MODES in seconds by setting the transmitter dial to the mode you want. Next press the recessed
button on the back of the transmitter. The transmitter light then flashes back the number of the mode you have selected. Modes can be changed as often as you like. Change them for different situations or training styles.
SportDOG SD-1225 Collar
The SD 1225 features a slim-profile collar design. The 1225 collar is designed to fit closer to your dog's neck and give a better profile look. The SD-1225 uses a 3/4 inch collar strap. It is smaller than any collar receiver in its price and feature range.
- Internal antenna system
- Rugged molded case built to withstand all kinds of training and hunting conditions
- Waterproof Collar/Receiver (Perfect for Retriever Training)
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries are user-replaceable, heavy duty, and last 3-5 years with proper care
- Built-in LED is a battery charge indicator and test light
- Weight: 4.8 ounces with collar strap
- Receiver Dimensions (without collar strap): 3.12" x 1.25" x 1.25"
- Collar Dimensions: 3/4" wide, 26" collar strap fits up to 23" dog neck
- Black strap included
Another feature in the 1225 collar is the ability to change stimulation settings at the collar. The collar has a low, medium and high setting. This allows you the option of finding the correct range of stimulation for your dog. Lower the overall stimulation choices for more sensitive dogs and raise the levels for hard headed or stubborn ones.
You can change the collar setting at any time. You can also have collars set up on different levels and work them from the same transmitter. This allows you the option of working sensitive and stubborn dogs from the same transmitter.
SportDOG SD-1225 Comes With:
- Active SportDOG SD 1225 collar
- SportDOG SD 1225 transmitter
- Transmitter antenna
- Short stimulation probes
- Long stimulation probes
- Adjustable black collar strap with square roller buckle and metal keeper which fits up to a 23" neck
- User replaceable, rechargeable batteries in the collar + transmitter
- Dual lead battery charger -- Save time because you can charge both collar and transmitter at the same time from one plug
- Collar charging cradle
- Belt clip + lanyard for the transmitter
- Test light
- SportDOG Owner's Manual / Operating Guide
- "Behavior & Training Guide" booklet by Charles Jurney with Rick Smith and Tom Dokken
- Basic Training DVD featuring pro trainers Charles Jurney, Rick Smith, Tom Dokken, and Chris Akin
Features of the SportDOG SD-1225
- Waterproof and submersible Collar and Transmitter
- No external collar antenna to get hung up
- 3/4 mile range
- The SD1225 is expandable to use with up to three dogs
- Push-button ON/OFF switch activated at the collar
- Customizable transmitter settings -- choose from 7 pre-set modes
- Up to 16 levels of continuous stimulation and 8 levels
of momentary stimulation in 1-dog mode
- Up to 8 levels of continuous stimulation in multi-dog mode
- Instantly change stimulation intensity from the
transmitter (tactile dial)
- Tone only option (1-dog mode only)
- Vibration only option (1-dog mode only)
- Rechargeable, user replaceable Lithium Ion batteries in
collar and transmitter
- Two Hour Rapid Charge system
- Docking station collar charger
- Low Battery Detect indicators on both transmitter and receiver
- Backed by a Two Year Manufacturer Warranty
SportDOG SD-1225 Batteries
- Lithium Ion Batteries
- Two Hour Rapid Charge System for the transmitter and collar
- Collar Docking Station -- no mud plugs required
- User-replaceable, rechargeable batteries in the collar and transmitter
- Get 40-60 hours "on time" between charges
- Comes with a DUAL LEAD CHARGER and collar cradle. Save time because you can charge both collar and transmitter at the same time from one plug
Stimulation from the SportDOG SD-1225
- The SD-1225 has multiple intensity levels, which allows you to choose the stimulation that is best for your dog.
- Eight intensity levels can be quickly adjusted with the dial on the side of the transmitter. This means that you can instantly adjust intensity whenever distractions increase.
- Teach yardwork/obedience and enforce known commands with lower levels of stimulation.
- Use higher levels to stop unwanted chasing or to overcome strong distractions.
- Up to 16 levels of continuous stimulation and 8 levels of momentary stimulation, depending on which mode you choose.
The SportDOG SD1225 models can have a low and a high button for continuous stimulation. The low continuous stimulation levels and gradual increases between levels on the SD1225 are particularly useful with sensitive dogs or breeds.
SportDOG SD-1225 Range
3/4 mile range, which is ample for most dog training or hunting situations. Actual range depends on training conditions, including weather, terrain, presence of cover, etc.
Related Products & Content: SportDOG SD-1225
SportDOG SD-1225 729849121416