Item # 5311b
TEK GPS + Ecollar SystemRated stars from 2 customer ratings.
Just looking for GPS tracking without training functions? Check out the SportDOG TEK L.
The TEK's e-collar is so versatile. You can easily customize the TEK is to suit your specific training situation. Using the remote is fast and easy. It's just a really neat combination of features for an e-collar.
Already have a Remote Training Collar but want the TEK GPS? You can buy it two different ways: GPS tracking + ecollar or simply GPS tracking.
If you get the GPS only, you can add the remote training collar part later.
Combining E-collars & GPS tracking
I think that a lot of folks are going to find that they like having both GPS tracking and a dog training collar in a single handheld remote. It's pretty neat to be able to watch the dogs on the screen and make corrections from the same handheld. When you're working your dogs and making corrections quickly, there's no going back and forth between a GPS and an e-collar transmitter.
The TEK is quick and easy to operate, the design is well thought out, and it's going to work for training a large selection of dogs. The TEK is a pretty awesome remote training collar even without the GPS Tracking options.
Sport Dog Tek
Reviewed: September 9, 2011
By: John M
7 dogs: Grande Bleu de Gascogne. Hunting dog. Fantastic product, well worth the money. We run 3 dogs at the same time and plan on adding more collars. Gun Dog Supply has never dissapointed. Rocket fast shipping and customer service second to none. Steve, you have a lifelong customer!
Sportdog Tek 1.0 Lt Gps + Ecollar System
Reviewed: June 8, 2011
By: Matt in VA
Lab. Hunting dog. The Tek 1.0LT is excellent when it works...but I first had to send back the transmitter (not water tight), and am sending back the collar today because the e-collar is not working properly. I hope that SportDog is able to quickly fix this new problem -- the season is now open!
SportDOG TEK GPS + Ecollar System
GPS tracking + dog training collar together in one system
Introducing the new SportDOG Tek LT Series -- a revolutionary new dog training product which combines a GPS dog tracking system with remote dog training collar.
It's two systems in one. All operated from one handheld remote and one collar on the dog. GPS tracking and a dog training collar together in one system. The TEK collar is an integrated design with two independent pieces: one half GPS and the other half remote training collar.
RECOMMENDED: Read Steve's complete (updated SEPT 2011) SportDOG TEK REVIEW here.
ECOLLAR: SportDOG TEK remote training collar
Dog training gear the way you would design it
The SportDOG TEK remote training collar is an incredibly versatile training collar and a good choice for all-around use. It is designed for a wide range of dog handlers including bird hunters, rabbit hunters, and Houndsmen. Ideal for training in the yard, field, or for hunting with long-range working dogs. Waterproof. Expands to 12 dogs. Customize to match your training preference.
E-COLLAR COLLAR/RECEIVER Features:
Built to withstand all kinds of training and hunting conditions
- Rugged molded collar case
- Waterproof and submersible collar
E-COLLAR BATTERY Features:
- Rechargeable, Factory replaceable Lithium Ion batteries in collar
- 30 hour run time on a single charge
- Two Hour Rapid Charge system
- Low Battery Detect indicators on both transmitter and receiver
- Built-in LED is a battery charge indicator and test light
E-COLLAR TRANSMITTER Features:
Ergonomic and feels as good as it looks.
- Customizable transmitter settings up to 99 levels of stimulation
- Waterproof and submersible Transmitter
- Comfortable "soft coat" transmitter finish makes this unit a pleasure to handle.
- Fits in the palm of your hand.
- Small enough to hang on a lanyard (included)
- Matte black finish with silver trim.
- High-impact plastic with "no-slip grip"
STIMULATION on the SportDOG TEK
Wide range. Multiple types & levels.
Change STIM settings at any time
- Set up a custom profile for each dog
- Set multiple collars on different levels and work them from the same transmitter.
- Work sensitive AND stubborn dogs from the same transmitter.
- Change STIM for different options in different situations.
Wide STIM RANGE with gradual increases
- Lower levels: Teach yardwork/obedience. Enforce known commands.
- Higher levels: stop unwanted chasing. Overcome strong distractions.
- Change stimulation settings by making the collar either a Low, Medium or High stimulation unit.
- Find correct range of stim for your dog.
- Lower overall levels for more sensitive dogs
- Raise overall levels for hard-headed dogs
- Gradual increases between levels
Multiple Stim Levels & Modes
- 5 different STIM modes
- 99 intensity levels
- Multiple levels for multiple dogs
- Multiple STIM ranges for each dog
- Programmable continuous buttons.
- 3 unique "cue" options for each dog
Train up to 12 dogs with SportDOG TEK Add-A-Dog collars
- Color straps (color-coded antenna keepers to differentiate collars)
- Multiple levels for multiple dogs
- 3 unique "cue" options for each dog
GPS Dog Tracking on the SportDOG TEK
Keep track of your hunting dogs at a distance, even in heavy cover.
Know exactly where your hunting dog is and what he is doing.
A single TRACKING SCREEN shows all your dogs, direction, and distance from you.
(The TEK does NOT have a dog trail or track history, so you can't see where the dog has been, but all this info on one screen makes up for that.)
HANDHELD GPS (Transceiver) Features:
- Backlit LCD screen
- 3 Axis tilt compensated compass
- Rechargeable, user replaceable handheld battery
- 20 hours of usage on a single charge
- GPS functionality including multiple waypoints
- Dog status - On Point or Treed
- Track up to 12 dogs at one time
GPS COLLAR: Features:
- Dual batteries so training functions don't shorten GPS run time
- Rechargeable, factory-replaceable GPS battery
- GPS whip antenna
GPS BATTERY on SportDOG TEK Collars
- Uses a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery pack.
- Average battery charge life is 25 hours.
- Allow 2 hours for a complete charge for a fully drained battery.
The SportDOG TEK series tracking collar will get around 25 hours of run time starting with a 2.5 second update rate and slowing to a longer update rate as the battery becomes depleted. The SportDOG TEK E-collar module runs off of a separate battery and use of the ecollar will not effect battery life of the tracking collar.
Collar Battery Runtime vs Update Rate
Battery life on a GPS collar is based on the "update rate" -- how often the GPS collar radios back location to the Handheld.
The slower the update rate, the longer the battery life. A slower update rate also means that you have longer gaps of time between knowing the exact location of your dog.
Most folks want a combination of the fastest possible update rate with the longest possible battery life. The SportDOG Tek collar starts out with a 2.5 second update rate. As the battery life gets lower the Tek collar automatically slows the update rate to conserve battery life.
SportDOG Tek collar does not allow you the option of changing the update rate. The advantage of the Tek collar is that while you are hunting (the first 10 hours of the battery) you have the fastest possible update rate at 2.5 seconds.
- First 10 hours of runtime - 2.5 second update rate
- Next 5 hours of runtime - 10 second update rate
- Next 10 hours of runtime - 25 second update rate
- Total battery runtime - 25 hours
After 10 hours, the collar slows the update rate to stretch out the battery life. The assumption here is that once you have passed the 10 to 15 hour mark, you are no longer hunting, but you are looking for a lost dog.
The other thing to keep in mind is that with the way the TEK collar goes about setting the update rate, you are really required to charge the collar every time before you hunt. If you don't, you will have a substantially slower update rate on your second day of hunting.
The SportDOG TEK transmitter and receiver have a "line of sight" range of up to seven miles. The SportDOG TEK communicates using a VHF radio signal between the Dog GPS collar and the Handheld GPS unit, so to get the full range out of a system there should be nothing between the transmitter and the receiver.
Realistically, this isn't going to happen in most of the places that we spend time with our dogs, so the actual usable range will be less than 7 miles depending on hunting conditions, including weather, terrain, and the presence of cover.
SportDOG Tek can mark up to 20 waypoint location. It also has the option of marking a Starting point which can be used to locate your vehicle in the field.
How SportDOG GPS works:
SportDOG TEK GPS system consists of two parts: a Handheld GPS and a Dog GPS collar
Add up to 12 dogs to the Tek Handheld GPS Ecollar system. All you need are extra TEK collars.
- GPS collar gets location from GPS satellites
- GPS Collar sends location update to Handheld via radio signals
- GPS Collar updates Handheld every 2.5 seconds
- Handheld plots location of you and your dog
- Dog Tracking Screen shows you and your dog's location including:
- dog's distance from you,
- dog's direction
- dog's activity (moving, on point or treed).
SportDOG Tek Anatomy
There are three parts to the TEK: the handheld, the GPS collar, and the e-collar. All are independent from one another. The transmitter speaks to the e-collar, and the GPS speaks back to the handheld as a receiver. The Tek GPS and remote collar are independent receivers docked together on one collar strap.
GPS Collar Strap is made of durable rubber. The wires that connect the GPS antenna to the electronics are embedded in the rubber for protection. If you need to make it smaller depending on the size of your dogs, you can cut it very easily along the grooves designed into the strap.
The Handheld transceiver weighs 6.7 ounces
- 5" tall with long ant removed.
- 9.25" with ant installed
- 2.25" wide
- 1 3/16th" thick
- Fits 14" - 22" neck sizes
- 25" overall length (approx) x 1.25 wide (strap)
DOG GPS with Ecollar Training module
E-collar / Tracking Collar with strap and antennas weighs 12 oz.
- 3.75" long
- 1 5/8" wide (front to back)
- 2.25" thick not counting probes
DOG GPS Tracking Collar Only
Tracking Collar only with strap and antenna weighs 8 oz.
- 3.75" long
- 1.25" wide (front to back)
- 1.25" thick with base installed
Training module (uninstalled)
Training module (uninstalled) and antenna weighs 4 oz.
- 3.25" long
- 1.5" wide (front to back)
- 2.25" thick not counting probes
SportDOG TEK Comes With:
- Tek Handheld
- Lanyard for the transmitter
- Transmitter antenna
- Active SportDOG TEK remote training collar GPS transmitter with strap and whip style antenna
- Short stimulation probes
- Long stimulation probes
- Adjustable black collar strap with square roller buckle which fits up to a 22" neck
- Factory replaceable, rechargeable batteries in the collar
- Triple lead battery charger -- Save time because you can charge both Ecollar, GPS collar and transmitter at the same time from one plug
- SportDOG Owner's Manual / Operating Guide
- Backed by a Two Year Manufacturer Warranty
Quick Start Manual Download|
TEK 1.0 LT Quick Start Manual, downloadable in .pdf format.
to read the TEK 1.0 LT Quick Start Manual.
Owner's Manual Download|
TEK 1.0 LT Owner's Manual, downloadable in .pdf format.
to read the TEK 1.0 LT Owner's Manual.
Not available to Canadian Addresses.
Sometimes also referred to as: sportdog, sportdog tek 1.0 locator trainer system, sport dog tek 1.0lt, gps training collar, sportdog tek 1.0 lt gps, sportdog tek 1.0 lt gps ecollar system, sportdog tek 1.0lt by sportdog, tek 1.0 gps e collar, ..........,
TEK 1.0 LT
GUN DOG SUPPLY - "Serving Hunting & Field Dog Owners Nationally Since 1972."
Order online via Secure Server or call 1-800-624-6378 to order! GDS Warehouse, 312 Industrial Park Road, Starkville, Mississippi, 39759 USA.
See us on the Facebook
All words & pictures are copyright © 1997-2013, Gun Dog Supply or their respective owners. All rights reserved. Buy online with confidence when you order discount retriever hunting dog supplies, canine training equipment, k-9 accessories, and training products for your gun dog, bird dog, or working retriever. Your on-line purchase is protected through secure server ordering. Review our 100% satisfaction guarantee. Shop our canine closeout items, best bargains, k9 discount prices, good deals, cheap stuff and other values for sale. Compare our products in reviews, reports, comparisons, reports, and buyers guides.