Item # 11102
Steve Says: The Tritronics Sport Basic G3 replaces two of our best selling systems. This collar combines all the features of the Sport 50 and the Sport 60 plus it has all of the G3 and EXP features. The Sport Basic G3 3 dog system replaces the Multi Sport 3.
A three dog system allows you to control three dogs independently from one transmitter using the color coded Dog selector dial that matches the colors of the collar straps.
Each dog's stimulation is independent from the other dog's and you cannot correct all three dogs at the same time. You can move back and forth between the dogs quickly at the times that all three dogs need correction. Click here to read my article on using a multi dog system.
The Sport Basic now has 10 levels of both momentary and continuous stimulation plus a tone feature. The wide choice of stimulation levels makes it one of the best collars on the market, especially for folks looking for a high quality, durable system with all of the reliability of the Tri-Tronics name.
The Sport series collars have been our best-selling dog training collars since they came out several years ago as a replacement for the original Tri-Tronics Sportsman collar.
If you are in need of a remote - beeper training system for you bird dog or Upland retriever or flushing dog, check out the Sport Upland.
The Sport Basic G3 is a good choice for working with any breed of dog. Ten intensity levels can be quickly adjusted with the dial on the side of the transmitter. Teach yardwork/obedience and enforce known commands with lower levels of stimulation. Use higher levels to stop unwanted chasing or to overcome strong distractions.
This is a GREAT collar and all of the G3 improvements make it even better.
RELATED REVIEWS:Do you have more than 1 dog?Tritronics G3 Sport REVIEWSTritronics Buyers' GuideBest 2013 CollarsTri-Tronics G3 Field/Pro ReviewSTEVE'S REVIEWS
Tri-tronics G3 Sport Basic 3-dog COMPLETE
"This is a GREAT collar and all of the G3 improvements make it even better." -Steve Snell
The Tritronics Sport Basic G3 3 Dog system allows you to control three dogs independently from one transmitter.
It is a good choice for working with any breed of dog. Intensity levels can be quickly adjusted with the dial on the side of the transmitter. Teach yardwork/obedience and enforce known commands with lower levels of stimulation. Use higher levels to stop unwanted chasing or to overcome strong distractions.
This is a GREAT collar and all of the G3 improvements make it even better. It has a versatile remote training collar and a good choice for all-around use with ten levels of continuous stimulation instantly selectable at the transmitter. This means that you can instantly adjust intensity whenever distractions increase. There's also a separate button for delivering a quick pre-set duration of momentary stimulation for enforcing commands the dog already knows and for correcting behavior.
| What's New in the Sport Basic EXP G3 3-dog|
Now the Tri-Tronics "COMPLETE" Multi-Dog Systems from Gun Dog Supply include everything you need to use and charge your system. With the Sport Basic 3-dog COMPLETE you get 2 dual-lead chargers and 3 receiver cradles so you can charge all your collars at the same time. You also get all the collar straps.
Multi-dog Collars / Systems:
Read more about Sport Basic EXP G3 3-dog
WATERPROOF Collar and Transmitter! Perfect for Retrievers, the Tritronics Sport Basic G3 3 dog system is an improved version of the Tri-Tronics Sport 50 and Sport 60 and Multi Sport 3 series collars.
It replaces the Multi Sport 3 allowing you to control up to 3 dogs from one transmitter.
The transmitter has a dog selector dial that allows you to switch between Dog 1 (black), Dog 2 (red), and Dog 3 (blue). The Sport Basic G3 3 Dog is designed for working three dogs from one transmitter.
The Sport Basic is a versatile remote training collar and a good choice for all-around use with ten levels of continuous and momentary stimulation instantly selectable at the transmitter. This means that you can instantly adjust intensity whenever distractions increase.
The G3 versions of the Sport collars are a drastic improvement over previous Sport products because of the wider choice of stimulation offered now. The earlier Sport models only had 6 intensity levels and did not work as a "training collar" with many of the more sensitive dogs. Adding 4 additional levels to the stimulation setup has increased the spread on this collar to a wide enough range (slowly increasing the levels as you go up) to make the G3 Basic a much better remote trainer.
Continuous stimulation allows you to control the length of the correction based on how long you hold the button down.
Momentary stimulation is designed for delivering a quick pre-set duration of stimulation (less than 1 second) for enforcing commands the dog already knows and for correcting behavior.
The best-selling Tritronics Sport Basic G3 is a good choice for working with any breed of dog.
- Transmitter weight: .3 lbs
- Collar weight with Receiver: .4 lbs
- Collar length without Receiver: 27"
- Collar length with Receiver: 25 1/4"
Owner's Manual Download|
Tri-Tronics G3 Owner's Manual, downloadable in .pdf format.
to read the Tri-Tronics G3 Owner's Manual.
Sport Basic EXP G3 3-dog Overview:
Do you have three dogs? The Sport Basic G3 3 dog system is designed for working three dogs at the same time from one transmitter.
The Sport Basic G3 has the high quality and unmatched performance of the Tri-Tronics products at an afforable price. The Sport Basic G3 is a good choice for all of your problem solving and Basic G3 training needs.
The wider spread of stimulation levels in this collar allow you to find the correct level for your dog in any training situation.
Sport Basic EXP G3 3-dog Transmitter (Remote)
Smaller and ergonomically shaped, the G3 transmitter fits your hand better and is more comfortable to use and carry.
Another feature is the 1 1/2 inch integrated transmitter antenna. Previous models required a 3 to 3 1/2 inch antenna to get the same range as this system. Lowering the antenna has drastically reduced the overall size of the transmitters with no loss in range. This a great improvement considering the number of replacement antennas that we sell each year. You can't loose or break this one.
The Sport G3 transmitters are fully waterproof and submersible, these systems are prefect for training in wet and raining conditions with no worry about damaging your training gear.
Another feature on this transmitter is the sure-grip rubber coating. It feels great in your hand and is not slick or slippery when wet.
The Sport Basic has three black waterproof rubber buttons that control the stimulation and tone feature. The bottom black button instantly controls 10 levels of momentary stimulation. The middle black button (with raised nub so you can feel the difference) instantly controls 10 levels of continuous stimulation. The top black button instantly controls the non-stimulation tone feature.
Stimulation levels are controlled using the ISS Dial (Intensity Selector Switch) on the top right hand side of the transmitter. It allows for true one handed operation using your right or left hand. You can easily change the stimulation level with you thumb and also use your thumb to press any of the three buttons.
Directly below the ISS dial is the color coded "Dog Selector" dial. Select between Dog 1 (black), Dog 2 (red), and Dog 3 (blue). This dial allows you to select between three color coded positions that match the three color strap colors (black, red, and blue).
The G3 transmitter uses a replaceable nine volt battery. Some folks look at this as a bad thing, preferring a rechargeable transmitter, but we find that even the folks that use these transmitters every day get over six months of training from one battery. Average users can expect to get close to one year from a battery. The transmitter features a low battery indicator that tells you when it's time to change it out. When the battery gets low the LED light on the transmitter will start to flash when you use the continuous or tone button. With a fresh battery the light will glow solid when you press these buttons.
Weight: 4.8 ounces
Dimensions: 1.875 X 5.5 X 1.5 inches
Sport Basic EXP G3 3-dog Collar
- The G3 Collar is 1/3 smaller and lighter with a lower profile, improved curved shape, and improved collar strap guides
- The rugged, molded case is built to withstand all kinds of training and hunting conditions -- the G3 EXP collars are practically indestructible because they are made from Lexan, the same material used in bullet-proof windshields
- All Tritronics collars are 100% waterproof. Perfect for retrievers!
- ON/OFF switch activated at the collar
- Waterproof, removeable battery pack
- 3-way battery charge indicator with built-in test light and improved light tube that makes it easy to see even in bright sunlight
- Internal antenna system
- No exposed charging ports to gather debris, no covers to remove for charging
- Weight = 7.2 ounces
- Length = 27 inches (with receiver mounted to collar)
- Receiver Dimensions = 2.5 X 1.5 X 1.5 inches (without collar strap)
- Collar Dimensions = 29.5 X 1 inches (without receiver mounted)
- G3 Collars will fit dogs with neck sizes from 10-inches to 24-inches
Sport Basic EXP G3 3-dog Comes With:
All Tritronics G3 Collars come with our "No Risk, 30-day Money Back Guarantee." If something happens within the first 30 days or if you are unsatisfied for any reason contact us and we will take care of you. After the first 30 days, the Tritronics warranty picks up. All Tritronics G3 Collars come with a 2 year warranty which covers all parts and labor. Warranties are transferable if you sell your collar.
- 3 active Tri-Tronics Sport Basic G3 collar with black, red, and blue square buckle straps
- Tri-Tronics Sport Basic G3 transmitter
- Transmitter lanyard
- 3 collar battery charging cradles + wall chargers
- 3 sets of long contact points
- 3 sets of short contact points
- Contact point wrench
- Owner's Guide
- J. Paul Jackson "Basic G3 Training" DVD
See the Tritronics web site for the latest Tri-Tronics Warranty Information.
Features of the Sport Basic EXP G3 3-dog
- Independent "non-stimulation" tone feature activated with a separate button
- Upgradeable to a fully functional Multi Dog system using EXP receivers
- Rechargeable collar (charger and cradle included) for rapid two hour charge time
- FREE Basic Training DVD
- No Risk 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
- Two Year Warranty - no service or return shipping charges
- Assembled in U. S. A.
- FREE STANDARD SHIPPING in Continental United States (US48).
Sport Basic EXP G3 3-dog Batteries
The G3 charging system for Sport Series Collars is a much improved, high-performance battery charging system.
Comes with a compact charging cradle. No exposed charging jacks. No charging jack covers to remove or replace.
Rechargeable NiMH batteries. These are user-replaceable. Heavy duty. Last 3-5 years with proper care.
Waterproof, removable battery packs
Trickle charge mode - Fully charged units may be left on the charger indefinitely because the smart charger "knows" if a battery needs to be charged or not.
Rapid charging system: completely charge your collar within 2 hours. Before G3 this would take 14 hours!
Charge any collar at any time. You do not have to completely drain the battery to recharge it.
Stimulation from the Sport Basic EXP G3 3-dog
- Each dog's stimulation is independent from the other dog's and you cannot correct all three dogs at the same time. You can move back and forth between the dogs quickly at the times when all three dogs need corrections. Click here to read my article on using a multi dog system.
- The Sport Basic G3 has 10 levels of continuous stimulation collar which means you control the timing and length of the stimulation by how long you press the button
- The Sport Basic G3 also has 10 levels of momentary stimulation collar which is a pre-measured amount of stimulation that cuts on and off quickly, no matter how long the button is held
- Instantly change stimulation intensity (+/-levels) from the transmitter
- Tactile dial with clicks between levels allows you to raise and lower the stimulation level by feel without ever having to take you eyes off your dog
- Insulated contact points to ensure consistent and reliable stimulation in the water
- Interchangeable contact points for long or short coated dogs
Sport Basic EXP G3 3-dog Range
Collar range up to 1/2 mile.
Maximum range is based on "line of sight." This means that to get the full range out of a system there should be nothing between the transmitter and the receiver and the terrain should be flat and open. This isn't going to happen in most places that we spend time with our dogs.
The range on all of the systems that we carry depends on training conditions, including weather, terrain, and the presence of cover.
Remember, too much range will never hurt, but too little can be a problem.
NOTE: The G3 collars feature a slightly different kind of continuous stimulation that will increase the systems ability to reach maximum distance in heavy cover and difficult terrain situations.
The Pulsating Continuous Stimulation on the G3 collars transforms the old style continuous stimulation from a single impulse to a rapid succession of pulses. Because this is a "broken" signal instead of a single transmission it does a better job of reaching the receiver at maximum distance.
The pulses are so rapid that it gives the feeling of the old style continuous stimulation but increases the transmitters ability to reach maximum distance.
Accessories for your Sport Basic EXP G3 3-dog
Related Products & Content: Sport Basic EXP G3 3-dog