Customer Review #19579
By: Mark Galligan From CT
Hunts. Family pet. So far so good. Very simple to operate - love the booklet and DVD.
Review ID: 19579
out of 5-stars.
Customer Review #2940
By: Frank BGerman Shorthair
. Owns 2 dogs. Hunts. Cant beat this collar for the price. Has every feature you could want in an ecollar for a great price. The transmitter is well built and very sturdy. Buttons are big and easy to locate even with gloves on. You can program the buttons to do just about anything you want. Vibrate/tone/27 levels of stimulation all easy accessible and easy to program each collar.
The only thing I dont like is there is nowhere on the transmitter to attach a lanyard. I like to hook it onto my belt for safety and there is no ring or anywhere to put a lanyard onto it. I wrapped mine in orange duct tape in case I drop it and bought a holster.
Review ID: 2940
out of 5-stars.
SportDOG Pro Hunter SD-2525
SportDOG SD-2525 Overview:
SportDOG has redefined the meaning of "classic" by meshing the ProHunter's traditional transmitter design with the advanced features incorporated into their latest e-collars. The ProHunter SD 2525 is a workhorse system with a two mile range that fits with virtually every sporting breed.
You can customize your SportDOG SD-2525 to match your training preferences. It comes set up with 27 levels of continuous stimulation for one or two dogs with a non-stimulation tone button plus vibration selectable on the dial, but it can easily be changed into 17 different modes with different button configurations. The low continuous stimulation levels and gradual increases between levels on the SD 2525 are particularly useful with sensitive dogs or breeds.
Multi-dog Collars / Systems:
Read more about SportDOG SD-2525
The classically designed Sport DOG ProHunter SD 2525 is tailor-made for high demand users and long range hunting situations. With a high-output receiver, up to 27 levels of correction, vibration, and tone to choose from, the 2525 is effective when working with virtually any sporting breed and temperament. Its excellent performance at distances up to 2 miles also makes it a great system for hounds, beagles, and big running pointers.
The SD2525 features a slim profile collar receiver that ensures a perfect fit, and it's waterproof!
- Transmitter weight: .8 lbs
- Collar weight with Receiver: .3 lbs
- Collar length without Receiver: 28"
- Collar length with Receiver: 26"
Owner's Manual Download|
SportDOG SD-2525 Owner's Manual, downloadable in .pdf format.
to read the SportDOG SD-2525 Owner's Manual.
SportDOG SD-2525 Transmitter (Remote)
- Waterproof Transmitter with DryTek Technology
- Classic "tube" design
- 2 mile range
- Rechargeable, user-replaceable lithium ion batteries that last 3-5 years with proper care
- Low battery indicator
- Battery charge indicator lets you know when transmitter is finished charging
- Up to 27 levels of stimulation plus tone and vibration (depending on Mode) selectable from the transmitter
- Expands up to 6 dogs
The SportDOG 2525 gives you the option of customizing the transmitter to fit YOUR needs with over 15 different modes. It also allows you the option of changing the stimulation setup as your needs change or if you want different options in different situations.
Modes include Continuous and Momentary with Tone, Continuous and Momentary with Vibration, and Multi-dog Modes featuring one button per dog (Continuous only) with Tone or Vibration.
Change MODES in seconds by setting the transmitter dial to the mode you want. Next press the recessed button on the back of the transmitter. The transmitter light then flashes back the number of the mode you have selected. Modes can be changed as often as you like. Change them for different situations or training styles.
SportDOG SD-2525 Collar
- Slim-profile design for better fit
- 3/4" collar strap
- Internal antenna system
- Rugged molded case withstands all kinds of training and hunting conditions
- Waterproof collar/receiver
- Rechargeable lithium ion batteries are user-replaceable, heavy duty, and last 3-5 years with proper care
- Built-in LED battery charge indicator and test light
- Weight: 4.8 ounces with collar strap
- Receiver Dimensions (without collar strap): 3.12" x 1.25" x 1.25"
- Collar Dimensions: 3/4" wide, 26" collar strap fits up to 23" dog neck
- Black strap included
Another feature in the 2525 collar is the ability to change stimulation settings at the collar. The collar has a low, medium and high setting. This allows you the option of finding the correct range of stimulation for your dog. Lower the overall stimulation choices for more sensitive dogs and raise the levels for hard headed or stubborn ones.
You can change the collar setting at any time. You can also have collars set up on different levels and work them from the same transmitter. This allows you the option of working sensitive and stubborn dogs from the same transmitter.
SportDOG SD-2525 Comes With:
- SportDOG SD 2525 receiver collar
- SportDOG SD 2525 transmitter
- Transmitter antenna
- Short stimulation probes
- Long stimulation probes
- Adjustable black collar strap with square roller buckle and metal keeper which fits up to a 23" neck
- User replaceable, rechargeable batteries in the collar and transmitter
- Wall charger to charge transmitter and collar
- Collar charging cradle
- Test light
- SportDOG Owner's Manual / Operating Guide
- "Basic Training Manual" booklet by Charles Jurney with Rick Smith and Tom Dokken
- Basic Training DVD featuring pro trainers Charles Jurney, Rick Smith, Tom Dokken, and Chris Akin
Features of the SportDOG SD-2525
- Waterproof and submersible collar and transmitter
- 2 mile range
- Push-button ON/OFF switch activated at the collar
- Customizable transmitter settings -- choose from 17 pre-set modes
- Up to 27 levels of continuous or 18 levels of momentary stimulation in 1 or 2 dog mode
- Up to 9 levels of continuous stimulation in 3-6 dog mode
- Instantly change stimulation intensity from the transmitter (tactile dial)
- Tone only / Vibration only options even in multi-dog mode
- Rechargeable, user replaceable Lithium Ion batteries in collar and transmitter
- Two hour rapid charge
- Docking station collar charger
- Low Battery Detect indicators on both transmitter and receiver
- Backed by a two year manufacturer warranty
SportDOG SD-2525 Batteries
- Lithium ion batteries
- Two hour rapid charge system for the transmitter and collar
- Collar docking station -- no mud plugs required
- User-replaceable, rechargeable batteries in the collar and transmitter
- Get 40-60 hours "on time" between charges
- Dual lead charger and collar cradle lets you save time because you can charge both collar and transmitter at the same time from one plug
Stimulation from the SportDOG SD-2525
- Multiple intensity levels let you to choose the stimulation that is best for your dog
- Up to 27 intensity levels (9 levels each at Low, Medium, and High) can be quickly adjusted with the dial on the side of the transmitter
- Teach yardwork/obedience and enforce known commands with lower levels of stimulation
- Use higher levels to stop unwanted chasing or to overcome strong distractions
- Up to 27 levels of continuous or 18 levels of momentary stimulation plus non-stimulating tone and vibration options depending on which mode you choose
- Low continuous stimulation levels and gradual increases between levels are particularly useful with sensitive dogs or breeds
SportDOG SD-2525 Range
2 mile long range designed primarily for use with tracking and trailing dogs. Actual range depends on training conditions, including weather, terrain, presence of cover, etc.
Related Products & Content: SportDOG SD-2525
SportDOG SD-2525 729849130654