Transcript from Steve's Video:
Today we're looking at the SportDOG SD-3225. The 3225 is their Hound/Beagle system. It's designed to run multiple dogs off of one transmitter. It will go up to six dogs. It's real popular with the folks that are running either Beagles or Hounds. Two mile range. Smaller collar, smaller transmitter.
You've got vibration, tone, and you've got the ability to correct up to six dogs. Individual buttons are color coded to match up with the colors of your collar strap.
It's been a popular system with our Hound folks. SportDOG is sort of new to the Hound market, but they've come at it pretty strong. And they've come up with a system that has been real popular. It's small, compact, yet it's got a lot of range and a lot of punch to it. And so, it fits the needs for folks that are running multiple dogs. If you are looking for something to run a pack of Hounds or Beagles, this is a great collar to take a look at: SportDOG SD-3225.
"The new e-collars are way better than the old ones. I was using a 2500 and liked it. But there is no comparison between the two."
Owns 8 dogs. Hunts. Competes. This is a great system. Way to go Sportdog. We said we needed tone, range and expandable. You did it. The new e-collars are way better than the old ones. I was using a 2500 and liked it. But there is no comparison between the two. I am running 6 Beagles on this system. The collar/receivers are very small and lite. So is the transmitter. I have yet to have a hound out of range, but I did test it and got over 2 miles range with hills and timber around. I have had it for a year now and have had no problems whatsoever.
Review ID: 3115
out of 5-stars.
By: Jeffery Parent From MA
Hunts. Family pet. Hi Steve.
I like the way it gets her attention. I set the collar on the lowest setting and the transmitter on 2 and seems to get her attention. It would have been better for us, though, if the collar would have stayed on the low setting, but it defaults to the medium setting when it's turned back on. I would've of thought that they should've made it to start low and go up as needed. Great product
Review ID: 6266
out of 5-stars.
"He never stayed in the yard with Invisible Fence and was often out visiting the whole neighborhood. We don't have that problem anymore."
By: Nina Ritch
Family pet. This system is still working great after 1 year. I rarely have to shock him, and, if anything, just a warning signal does the job. I left the setting at the medium level and use #5 on the dial. We live on a 1 acre lot that is heavily wooded and have had no problem with the signal getting through. I also like having the choice of a warning signal or momentary shock in addition to the 8 second continuous shock. Hunter is very obedient with this collar. He never stayed in the yard with Invisible Fence and was often out visiting the whole neighborhood. We don't have that problem anymore. The two mile radius works great.
Review ID: 6193
out of 5-stars.
Customer Review #18189
By: Joe Thorley From MI
Owns 11 dogs. Hunts. Works great so far.
Review ID: 18189
out of 5-stars.
Customer Review #19397
By: Justin McClure From OH
Owns 2 dogs. Hunts. Competes. Exactly what I was looking for and better. Great doing business with Gun Dog Supply. They have a customer for life.
Review ID: 19397
out of 5-stars.
Customer Review #19855
By: Charles Holcombe From MO
Owns 4 dogs. Hunts. Unit is just as advertised. Works well, and I like the options it has to be able to set it up the way you would like it. I had a problem with the collar charging unit and sportdog sent a new one out that arrived in three days. Will have to see how it holds up down the road, but I am not expecting any problems, and it looks like sport dog stands behind their products.
Review ID: 19855
out of 5-stars.
Customer Review #10926
By: Barbara Auerbach From NJIt is hard for me to judge, since I got stuck with setting it up. I still did not finish it. Too complicated, and instructions are not simple to follow. Thank you for follow up.
Review ID: 10926
out of 5-stars.
SportDOG Hound Hunter SD-3225 Control up to six dogs from a single transmitterColor-coded indicators match the available collar strap colors. Ideal for people who hunt rabbits, raccoons, bears, bobcats, and mountain lions with multiple dogs.
Video of SportDOG Hound Hunter SD-3225
SportDOG SD-3225 Overview:
With its two mile range, the SportDOG Hound Hunter SD-3225 is specifically designed for controlling tracking and trailing dogs, and lets you keep the thrill of the chase within your control. Both the transmitter and receiver are waterproof and submersible. The 3225 can be expanded to control up to six dogs by adding SportDOG Brand Add-A-Dog collars. The comfortable "soft coat" transmitter finish makes this unit a pleasure to handle. This is dog training gear the way you would design it.
You can customize your SportDOG SD-3225 to match your training preferences. It comes set up in a 7-level continuous + 7-level momentary stimulation one dog collar with a non-stimulation tone button, but it can easily be changed into 6 different modes with different button configurations including vibration. The low continuous stimulation levels and gradual increases between levels on the SD-3225 are particularly useful with sensitive dogs or breeds.
You are also able to transform your one dog system at any time into a multi-dog system using the "Add-A-Dog" feature.
Multi-dog Collars / Systems:
Read more about SportDOG SD-3225
The SD 3225 lets you control up to six dogs from a single transmitter using the color-coded indicators that match the available collar strap colors. It is ideal for people who hunt rabbits, raccoons, bears, bobcats, and mountain lions with multiple dogs.
The SD3225 features a slim profile collar receiver that ensures a perfect fit, and a compact transmitter that's easy to handle. And it's waterproof!
- Transmitter weight: .3 lbs
- Collar weight with Receiver: .3 lbs
- Collar length without Receiver: 28"
- Collar length with Receiver: 26"
Owner's Manual Download|
SportDOG SD-3225 Owner's Manual, downloadable in .pdf format.
to read the SportDOG SD-3225 Owner's Manual.
SportDOG SD-3225 Transmitter (Remote)
- Waterproof Transmitter with DryTek Technology
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries -- They're user replaceable, too. Heavy duty. They last 3-5 years with proper care.
- Low Battery Detect Indicator to make sure you don't get out on the hunt with a dead battery, and a built-in LED Battery Charge Indicator which lets you know when your transmitter is finished charging.
- No holster required -- The SD-3225 transmitter is small enough to hang on a lanyard or clip on your belt with the built in Belt Clip.
- It's about the size of a small walkie-talkie or large cell phone -- The compact SD-3225 remote transmitter only weighs 4.8 ounces and measures 7" x 2.12" x 1.12" with antenna.
- The "HoundHunter" SD-3225 transmitter is ergonomic and feels as good as it looks. The high-impact plastic with "no-slip grip" fits in the palm of your hand. Matte black finish.
The SportDOG 3225 gives you the option of customizing the transmitter to fit YOUR needs. It also allows you the option of changing the stimulation setup as your needs change or if you want different options in different situations.
Modes include Continuous and Momentary with Tone, Continuous and Momentary with Vibration, and Multi-dog Modes featuring one button per dog (Continuous only) with Tone or Vibration.
Change MODES in seconds by setting the transmitter dial to the mode you want. Next press the recessed
button on the back of the transmitter. The transmitter light then flashes back the number of the mode you have selected. Modes can be changed as often as you like. Change them for different situations or training styles.
SportDOG SD-3225 Collar
The SD 3225 features a slim-profile collar design. The 3225 collar is designed to fit closer to your dog's neck and give a better profile look. The SD-3225 uses a 3/4 inch collar strap. It is smaller than any collar receiver in its price and feature range.
- Internal antenna system
- Rugged molded case built to withstand all kinds of training and hunting conditions
- Waterproof Collar/Receiver
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries are user-replaceable, heavy duty, and last 3-5 years with proper care
- Built-in LED is a battery charge indicator and test light
- Weight: 4.8 ounces with collar strap
- Receiver Dimensions (without collar strap): 3.12" x 1.25" x 1.25"
- Collar Dimensions: 3/4" wide, 26" collar strap fits up to 23" dog neck
- Orange strap included
Another feature in the 3225 collar is the ability to change stimulation settings at the collar. The collar has a low, medium and high setting. This allows you the option of finding the correct range of stimulation for your dog. Lower the overall stimulation choices for more sensitive dogs and raise the levels for hard headed or stubborn ones.
You can change the collar setting at any time. You can also have collars set up on different levels and work them from the same transmitter. This allows you the option of working sensitive and stubborn dogs from the same transmitter.
SportDOG SD-3225 Comes With:
- SportDOG SD 3225 collar
- SportDOG SD 3225 transmitter
- Transmitter antenna
- Short stimulation probes
- Long stimulation probes
- Adjustable orange collar strap with square roller buckle and metal keepers which fit up to a 23" neck
- User replaceable, rechargeable batteries in the collar + transmitter
- Dual lead battery charger -- Save time because you can charge both collar and transmitter at the same time from one plug
- Collar charging cradle
- Belt clip + lanyard for the transmitter
- Test light
- SportDOG Owner's Manual / Operating Guide
- "Basic Training Manual" booklet by Charles Jurney with Rick Smith and Tom Dokken
- Basic Training DVD featuring pro trainers Charles Jurney, Rick Smith, Tom Dokken, and Chris Akin
Features of the SportDOG SD-3225
- Waterproof and submersible Collar and Transmitter
- No external collar antenna to get hung up
- 2 mile range
- Expandable to use with up to six dogs
- Push-button ON/OFF switch activated at the collar
- Customizable transmitter settings -- choose from 6 pre-set modes
- Up to 7 levels of continuous or momentary stimulation in 1 or 2-dog mode
- Up to 7 levels of continuous stimulation in 3+ dog mode
- Instantly change stimulation intensity from the transmitter (tactile dial)
- Tone only / Vibration only options even in multi-dog mode
- Rechargeable, user replaceable Lithium Ion batteries in collar and transmitter
- Two Hour Rapid Charge system
- Docking station collar charger
- Low Battery Detect indicators on both transmitter and receiver
- Backed by a Two Year Manufacturer Warranty
SportDOG SD-3225 Batteries
- Lithium Ion Batteries
- Two Hour Rapid Charge System for the transmitter and collar
- Collar Docking Station -- no mud plugs required
- User-replaceable, rechargeable batteries in the collar and transmitter
- Get 40-60 hours "on time" between charges
- Comes with a DUAL LEAD CHARGER and collar cradle. Save time because you can charge both collar and transmitter at the same time from one plug
Stimulation from the SportDOG SD-3225
- The SD-3225 has multiple intensity levels, which allows you to choose the stimulation that is best for your dog.
- Seven intensity levels can be quickly adjusted with the dial on the side of the transmitter. This means that you can instantly adjust intensity whenever distractions increase.
- Teach yardwork/obedience and enforce known commands with lower levels of stimulation.
- Use higher levels to stop unwanted chasing or to overcome strong distractions.
- Up to 7 levels of continuous or momentary stimulation depending on which mode you choose.
The low continuous stimulation levels and gradual increases between levels on the SD-3225 are particularly useful with sensitive dogs or breeds.
SportDOG SD-3225 Range
2 mile long range designed primarily for use with tracking and trailing dogs. Actual range depends on training conditions, including weather, terrain, presence of cover, etc.
Related Products & Content: SportDOG SD-3225
SportDOG SD-3225 729849126510