Item # 3897
TriTronics Upland EXP G3Rated stars from 4 customer ratings. 9/2/2011
Summary: the remote beeper function on the hand held is an excellent feature and it works everytime. I only turn the beeper on to find my dog on point in the thick cover. I prefer the quiet approach to get close to the birds.
Steve Says: The Upland G3 EXP allows you to control your beeper from the transmitter so you can cut it on and off as you need it. This is a feature that once you start using it, you will have a hard time going away from it. I love my beepers, but I like being able to cut them off better.
The G3 EXP collars give you the ability to add a remote beeper to any of the Tri-Tronics G3 EXP Field and Pro collars using the "A" feature on the transmitter dial, so the Upland is not as "special" as it once was, but it does have its place.
If you are looking for a remote beeper combo with more momentary stimulation, go with the Upland G3.
If you want more continuous stimulation, go with a Pro 100 G3 and the Upland G3 Accessory Beeper.
If you want the beeper control but don't need as wide a choice of stimulation levels, look at the Classic 70 or the Field 90 and add the Upland G3 EXP Accessory Beeper.
If you want the widest range of continuous and momentary stimulation, you can get the Pro 500 and add the Upland G3 EXP Accessory Beeper.
Tri-Tronics Upland G3 EXP with FREE Holster---- 06-08-2010
Reviewed: September 2, 2011
By: Noel Hellinger from VT
German Shorthair Pointer. Pet. Hunting dog. Best thing that ever happened to a hunting dog.
Picks up trail of animals that I do not want him to get on, and can't get him back.
The Tri-Tronics really works.
No more yelling and screaming, or cusing.
Tri-Tronics Upland G3 EXP with FREE Holster---- 01-22-2011
Reviewed: September 2, 2011
By: Harlan Block from MO
2 dogs: Airedales. Pet. Hunting dog. These dogs can cover a lot of ground in a hurry So its nice to know where they are when you cant see them and be able to recall them when they get too far away. I am very happy
with the upland G3
Reviewed: September 2, 2011
15 dogs: French brits and wirehairs. Hunting dog. the remote beeper function on the hand held is an excellent feature and it works everytime. I only turn the beeper on to find my dog on point in the thick cover. I prefer the quiet approach to get close to the birds.
Tri-Tronics Upland G3 EXP with FREE Holster---- 08-06-2011
Reviewed: September 2, 2011
By: David Adams from TN
3 dogs: Brittany. Hunting dog. I like the fact that you can add collars and thus have the ability to run all my dogs at the same time with just one transmitter to keep up with.
RELATED REVIEWS:Tritronics Buyers' GuideBeeper CollarsBest 2013 CollarsTri-Tronics G3 Field/Pro ReviewSTEVE'S REVIEWS
Tri-Tronics Upland G3 EXP with FREE Holster
Locate your dog in heavy cover and know when he goes on point. + FREE Holster
Designed with the bird hunter in mind -- locate your dog in heavy cover and know when he goes on point. The Upland G3 has all of the features of the Tritronics Pro 200, plus you can control the Tri-tronics Accessory Beeper from the transmitter.
Multi-dog Collars / Systems:
Read more about TriTronics Upland EXP G3
The Upland G3 EXP provides the upland gamebird hunter/trainer a versatile remote training collar and beeper in one unit.
The stimulation set up on this collar is based on the Tri-Tronics Pro 200 series of collars. It has both continuous stimulation and momentary, but it has a wider spread of momentary.
Enforce commands and correct behavior with momentary stimulation (18 levels). Use continuous stimulation (6 levels) when your dog is tempted by strong distractions such as the presence of deer, etc. Lower continuous stimulation levels are suitable for yardwork/obedience training.
Instantly select from low, medium, or high momentary stimulation and high continuous stimulation by pressing buttons at the transmitter. A wider range of intensity levels are possible by adjusting the dial at the top of the transmitter. The beeper lets you know if your dog is moving or on point and can be turned on and off at the transmitter.
With the EXP feature, you can purchase the Upland G3 EXP as a one dog unit and add a 2nd or 3rd dog at any time by purchasing extra collars and beepers. Upgrade when you need to control more than one dog at a time!
- Transmitter weight: .5 lbs
- Collar weight with Receiver and beeper: .6 lbs
- Collar length without Receiver: 27"
- Collar length with Receiver: 23"
Owner's Manual Download|
Tri-Tronics G3 Owner's Manual, downloadable in .pdf format.
to read the Tri-Tronics G3 Owner's Manual.
TriTronics Upland EXP G3 Overview:
- This collar expands up to 3 dogs. Note the 3-dog toggle switch.
- Designed with the bird hunter in mind. Locate your dog in heavy cover and know when he goes on point.
- All of the features of the Tritronics Pro 200 plus the Tri-tronics Accessory Beeper. Control your beeper from the transmitter.
- The Upland G3 is a good choice for a dog training collar for you and your bird dog.
- Works for both problem-solving and basic training with 18 levels of momentary stimulation and 6 levels of continuous stimulation at your fingertips.
TriTronics Upland EXP G3 Transmitter (Remote)
- Two black buttons control 18 levels of momentary stimulation
- One red button controls 6 levels of continuous stimulation
- Dog selector toggle allows expansion up to 3 dogs
- Front mounted accessory button allows transmitter to operate the G3 Accessory Beeper (included) or Tracer Light (sold separately) remotely
- Fully WATERPROOF
- Virtually indestructible Lexan construction -- the same material used to make bulletproof windshields
- Balanced and ergonomically shaped
- Rubberized sure-grip, no-slip area for your hand on the back and sides
- Smaller, lighter, more comfortable, and significantly shorter than older Tri-Tronics systems
- Shorter fixed internal antenna for longer, more consistent range
- The more rugged design of the antenna strengthens the durability of the transmitter
- User replaceable battery pack locks on with screws for added security
- Improved stimulation dial performs better in adverse conditions even while wearing gloves
- 3-way battery charge indicator with light tube has improved visibility even in bright sunlight
Weight: 8 ounces
Height: 8 3/8 inches
Circumference: Approx. 6 inches
TriTronics Upland EXP G3 Collar
- Practically indestructable -- its molded case is made from Lexan
- 1/3 smaller and lighter with a lower profile, improved curved shape, and improved collar strap guides
- Adjustable collar strap features square double (K9) buckles and metal keepers -- fit neck sizes between 10 - 24 inches
- 100% waterproof -- perfect for retrievers
- Non-stimulation tone feature
- Internal antenna system
- No exposed charging ports to gather debris, no covers to remove for charging
- On/Off switch activated at the collar
- 3-way battery charge indicator with built-in test light
- Waterproof removable battery pack
- Improved light tube is easy to see even in bright sunlight
- Weight = 7.2 oz, Length = 27 in. (with receiver mounted to collar)
- Receiver without strap is 2.5" x 1.5" x 1.5"
TriTronics Upland EXP G3 Comes With:
All Tritronics G3 Collars come with our "No Risk, 30-day Money Back Guarantee." If something happens within the first 30 days or if you are unsatisfied for any reason contact us and we will take care of you. After the first 30 days, the Tritronics warranty picks up. All Tritronics G3 Collars come with a 2 year warranty which covers all parts and labor. Warranties are transferable if you sell your collar.
- Active Tri-Tronics Upland G3 EXP collar with orange collar strap
- Tri-Tronics Upland G3 EXP transmitter with 3 position toggle switch
- FREE Gun Dog Supply 4 mode style transmitter holster
- Collar battery charging cradle, transmitter charging cradle + dual lead wall charger
- Set of long contact points
- Set of short contact points
- Contact point wrench
- Hardshell suitcase style carrying case
- Dry bag to separate your transmitter and chargers from wet, muddy collars
- Owner's manual
- "J. Paul Jackson Basic Training" DVD
See the Tritronics web site for the latest Tri-Tronics Warranty Information.
Features of the TriTronics Upland EXP G3
- Two black buttons control 18 levels of momentary stimulation instantly selectable at the transmitter
- One red button controls 6 levels of continuous stimulation instantly selectable at the transmitter
- Non-stimulation tone feature
- EXP toggle switch allows you to add additional dogs by purchasing extra EXP collars and beepers at any time
- Collar may be charged in the field, charger sold separately
- No external collar antenna
- One mile range
- Insulated contact points to ensure consistent and reliable stimulation in the water
- Interchangeable contact points for dogs with long or short coats
- Adjustable collar strap with a square double (K9) buckle and metal keeper fits neck sizes between 10 - 24 inches
- No Risk 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
- Two Year Warranty - no service or return shipping charges
- Made in U.S.A.
- FREE STANDARD SHIPPING in Continental United States (US48)
TriTronics Upland EXP G3 Beeper Collar
- Weighs less than 3 oz.
- Audible range of over 1/4 mile
- Sound safely directed away from your dog's ears
- Lower octave tone is easier to hear for more experienced upland hunters
- Choose from 8 different preset Hunt Mode and Point Mode sound combinations including hawk scream
- Beeper position is completely adjustable -- unit fits both larger and smaller breeds
- Easy to use one button operation
- Red and green mode indicator LEDs
- No connecting wires to bend or break
- Beeper can be used as an accessory without the remote trainer
- Remote trainer can be used without beeper - remove it from the collar when you don't need it
- Uses one replaceable CR123A lithium battery (included)
TriTronics Upland EXP G3 Batteries
- Compact charging cradles mean no exposed charging jacks, and no charging jack covers to remove or replace
- Rechargeable NiMH batteries are user-replaceable, heavy duty, and last 3-5 years with proper care
- Waterproof removable battery packs
- Trickle Charge Mode -- Fully charged units can be left on the charger because it "knows" if a battery needs to be charged or not
- Rapid Charging -- Completely charge your collars and transmitter within 2 hours
- Can be recharged at any time -- batteries don't have to be completely drained
Stimulation from the TriTronics Upland EXP G3
- 6 levels of Continuous stimulation -- allows you to control the length of the correction based on how long you hold the button down
- 18 levels of Momentary stimulation -- delivers a quick pre-set duration of stimulation (less than 1 second) for enforcing commands the dog already knows and for correcting behavior
- Teach yardwork/obedience and enforce known commands with lower levels of stimulation
- Use higher levels to stop unwanted chasing or to overcome strong distractions
- Tactile dial with clicks between levels allows you to raise and lower the stimulation level by feel without ever having to take you eyes off your dog
- Insulated contact points ensure consistent and reliable stimulation in the water
- Includes interchangeable contact points for long or short-coated dogs
TriTronics Upland EXP G3 Range
Collar range up to 1 mile -- maximum range is based on "line of sight." This means that to get the full range out of a system there should be nothing between the transmitter and the receiver and the terrain should be flat and open. This isn't going to happen in most places that we spend time with our dogs. The range on all of the systems that we carry depends on training conditions, including weather, terrain, and the presence of cover.
Tri-Tronics G3 systems feature a "Pulsating Continuous Stimulation" that increases the system's ability to reach maximum distance in heavy cover and difficult terrain situations. Because this is a "broken" signal instead of a single transmission it does a better job of reaching the receiver at maximum distance. The pulses are so rapid that it gives the feeling of the old style continuous stimulation but increases the transmitter's ability to reach maximum distance.
Remember, too much range will never hurt, but too little can be a problem.
Accessories for your TriTronics Upland EXP G3
Related Products & Content: TriTronics Upland EXP G3
Tri-Tronics 5730100 057872573019