Gun Dog Supply Exclusive: One Hour BASIC OBEDIENCE Ecollar Training DVD
$40 Value -- You get this FOR FREE when you buy this ecollar.
We are proud to announce that Professional Dog Trainer Robin MacFarlane is working with us! We just wrapped another video shoot, and are launching her latest DVD.
PREVIEW: Watch a 10-minute Preview here...
What's interesting about these videos is that Robin has never worked with these dogs before, and several younger dogs have never been trained on an ecollar.
First, Robin walks you through the basic obedience commands showing what proper form looks like.
Next, Robin shows how she introduces the ecollar to two of Steve's puppies, Jack & Tilly, and shows you how to find the right STIM level to communicate with your dog.
She then turns that into a lesson for your dog to recognize that STIM means pay attention to your handler and expands that into a basic recall.
Additional segments include teaching RECALL, PLACE, SIT, and HEEL.
Exclusively available at Gun Dog Supply.
Multi-dog Collars / Systems:
Read more about SportDOG Contain + Train
The SportDOG Contain 'n Train system is designed to provide all of the current containment capabilities of the SportDOG In-Ground Fence (SDF-100A) combined with the remote training capabilities of the SportDOG FieldTrainer 425 (SD-425). The containment transmitter produces a radio signal that goes through the included wire to create a boundary to keep your dog safe and contained, while the handheld gives you the ability to remotely train your dog both within the containment area at home, or out in the field -- all with the same e-collar!
|Boundary Wire Chart|
||Approximate Feet of Wire Needed|
In Ground Fence Installation Guide and FAQ
Download Owner's Manual for SportDOG Contain + Train
SportDOG Contain + Train Transmitter (Remote)
- 500 yard range
- Easy to upgrade to 2 or 3 dogs without loss of tone or vibration feature
- DryTek waterproof design -- submersible to 25 ft.
- 2 hour quick charge Li-Ion batteries that are also user replaceable (3-5 year lifespan with proper care)
- LED battery charge indicator lets you know transmitter is finished charging
- Small enough to hang from the included lanyard
- Weighs only 1.6 ounces
- Measures 1.75" wide by 5.25" tall with antenna
The Contain + Train gives you the option of customizing the handheld transmitter to fit YOUR needs. It also allows you the option of changing the stimulation setup as your needs change or if you want different options in different situations.
Modes include continuous and momentary stimulation with tone or vibration. Two or three dog mode features one button per dog with either tone (Mode 3) or vibration (Mode 4). You also have the option of continuous and momentary with tone and the ability to activate/deactivate the Locate Beeper (sold separately).
Change MODES in seconds by setting the transmitter dial to the mode you want. Next press the recessed button on the back of the transmitter. The transmitter light then flashes back the number of the mode you have selected. Modes can be changed as often as you like. Change them for different situations or training styles.
SportDOG Contain + Train Collar
- Slim-profile collar design fits closer to your dog's neck
- 1" black collar strap
- Internal antenna system
- Plastic molded case built to withstand all kinds of training and hunting conditions
- Waterproof and submersible to 10 feet
- Rechargeable Li-Ion batteries are user-replaceable, heavy duty, and last 3-5 years with proper care
- Built-in LED is a battery charge indicator and test light
- Weight: 6.5 oz
- Receiver dimensions: 1 1/2" wide x 3 3/8" long x 1 5/8" thick
- Collar strap dimensions: 1" x 28"
- Fits up to a 23" neck
- Sized for dogs over 10 lbs.
- Containment Mode -- Expands to any number of dogs with purchase of Add-A-Dog Collars (SDF-CTR)
- Training Mode -- Expands to 3 dogs with additional Add-A-Dog Collars (SDF-CTR)
The Contain + Train collar has 3 modes as indicated by the OLED display: Contain + Train, Containment Only, and Training Only.
Another feature of the Contain + Train collar is the ability to change stimulation settings at the collar. The collar has a low, medium, and high setting. This allows you the option of finding the correct range of stimulation for your dog. Lower the overall stimulation choices for more sensitive dogs and raise the levels for hard headed or stubborn ones.
You can change the collar setting at any time. You can also have collars set up on different levels and work them from the same transmitter. This allows you the option of working sensitive and stubborn dogs from the same transmitter.
SportDOG Contain + Train Containment Transmitter
- Expandable up to 100 acres with addtional wire and flags
- Works with many PetSafe and SportDOG in-ground containment collars
- Transmitter Dimensions: 9" wide x 7" tall x 2 1/2" thick
SportDOG Contain + Train Comes With
- Collar receiver on black 1 inch collar strap
- Containment transmitter
- Remote transmitter
- 1,000 feet of 20-gauge wire
- 100 boundary flags
- Charging adapters
- Standard contact points
- Long contact points
- Test light tool
- Basic training manual and DVD
- Robin Macfarlane's Basic Obedience Ecollar Training DVD
- Long line / checkcord
Features of the SportDOG Contain + Train
- Expands to any number of dogs with the purchase of additional SportDOG collars (training functions available for up to 3 dogs)
- Waterproof collar receiver with seven adjustable levels of correction plus a tone/vibration only mode
- Low-battery indicator
- Anti-linger feature stops your dog from hanging out in the warning zone and running down the collar battery
- Wire break alarm on the transmitter
- 1,000 feet of wire and 100 flags included
- Collar receiver sized for dogs over 10 lbs.
- Works with many PetSafe and SportDOG in-ground containment collars (without training functions)
- Manufacturer Two Year Warranty (parts and labor)
- Expands up to 100 acres
SportDOG Contain + Train Batteries
- User-replaceable, rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries in the collar and transmitter
- Two hour rapid charge system for the transmitter and collar
- Average battery life is 168 hours in Training and Contain + Train modes, 6 months in Containment Only mode
- Comes with a DUAL LEAD CHARGER letting you charge both collar and handheld at the same time
Stimulation from the SportDOG Contain + Train
- The Contain and Train has multiple intensity levels, which allows you to choose the stimulation that is best for your dog
- Seven intensity levels can be quickly adjusted with the dial on the side of the transmitter, meaning you can instantly adjust intensity whenever distractions increase
- Teach yardwork/obedience and enforce known commands with lower levels of stimulation
- Use higher levels to stop unwanted chasing or to overcome strong distractions
- Up to 7 levels of continuous stimulation and 7 levels of momentary stimulation, depending on which mode you choose
SportDOG Contain + Train Range
- Containment Mode -- Includes 1,000 feet of wire, and can be expanded to cover up to 100 acres
- Training Mode -- 500 yard range, which is ample for most dog training or for hunting with close-working field dogs. Actual range depends on training conditions, including weather, terrain, presence of cover, etc.
Country of Origin: Made in China.