Perfect for releasing live birds of any size (ducks, pheasants, quail, pigeons) but can also throw Dokkens, dead birds, and large/small bumpers when training your dog to mark. -- Some Assembly Required
No risk to you. Your 100% Satisfaction is Guaranteed with our 30 Day "No Questions" Money Back Guarantee. Hassle-free returns & exchanges.
The Zinger Winger Company introduces an all-purpose "box style" bird launcher. Whether you have upland bird dogs or hunting retrievers this high-quality training tool does it all. The Uplander Bird Launcher is perfect for releasing live birds of any size (ducks, pheasants, quail, pigeons) but can also throw Dokkens, dead birds, and large/small bumpers when training your dog to mark.
This premium launcher is constructed of welded lightweight aluminum and is made to last a lifetime. Launch angle and distance of throw is easily adjusted. Each launcher uses our exclusive Sure-Shot Sound release for safety and reliability. The Uplander G4 is capable of firing 209 primers.
The Uplander is designed to be used with the SportDOG, Tri-Tronics, or Dogtra remote release system.
Size and Weight The frame measures 8" x 16" x 18" and weight 8 pounds. The overall measurements including extended arms are 16" x 16" x 8". Some assembly required.
Arc and Throw Shorter throws can be obtained using only 2 springs. Maximum throws at the launchers set angled position (using 4 springs). Note: When using all 4 springs this launcher requires a strong able-bodied person to cock and load. when using 2 springs the launcher requires less effort to load.
1. Insert the swing arm into the bushing on the pouch arm. Thread the locking nut and tighten. WARNING: Failure to securely tighten this part can result in severe injury.
2. Align the metal arm bushings to the box frame holes and install all four bolts and lock nuts. Make sure the bolts are facing inside and the nuts are facing outside. Tighten the bolts so that the metal arms still pivot freely.
3. Loop one end of the spring through each end of the metal arm assembly. Repeat with the other springs.
4. The free end of the springs can now be connected through the holes located on the brace of the box frame. NOTE: You may need to use pliers or vise grips to loop the spring ends through the holes.
5. Attach the strip of RecieverLok to the back of your remote and press the two mating surfaces together. Ensure the remote receiver's antenna will not interfere with the metal arms of the launcher when activated.
6. Attach the electronic plug into the reciever.
7. An extension leg is provided if you require an angled launch.
"Works great for pheasants, bumpers, dead birds with plenty of height."
Does everything as advertised. Throws Dokkens PLENTY high and far to give dog a good look at the arc and fall easily out to 250 yards on flat terrain. This particular box launcher definately outperforms the two other main competitors' box launchers. The mounting strips are excellent and easy to use. No tools.
Product Rating: 5 out of 5-stars. Review ID: 103 Reviewed:
Although I have a big Zinger Winger I've now purchased two of the Uplanders as they are fantastic. So far I've yet to use one of my Uplanders to launch a live bird, but I'm fairly certain that reducing the launcher from 4 springs to 2 springs will launch a bird with minimal issues. To date I've been using my Uplanders for retriever training with canvas fire hose dummy's and the launcher tosses them somewhere between 10 to 15 yards and easily high enough for a dog to mark the dummy. My use of the launchers is with the Dogtra remote releases, and the entire system is truly excellent...place one launcher close and another far away. Fantastic, quality made, versatile launcher. These truly are the only launchers that a person needs for birds, dummys, and serious bird dog training.
Product Rating: 5 out of 5-stars. Review ID: 13421 Reviewed:
"Great value, portability, and the ability to launch birds make this a winner for training."
GUN DOG SUPPLY - "Serving Hunting & Field Dog Owners Nationally Since 1972."
Order online via Secure Server or call 1-800-624-6378 to order! GDS Warehouse, 17645 U.S. Highway 82, Mathiston, Mississippi, 39752 USA.