Tools required: Phillips screwdriverInstallation:
1. Unscrew the battery screws as far as you can.
2. Remove the battery from the receiver collar.
3. The original battery screws will need to be replaced with the longer screws included with the Tracer.
4. The battery screws are intentionally "captured" so they don't get lost. To remove them, use the threaded end of the longer Tracer screw to push against the threaded end of the battery screw. Maintain this pressure and turn the battery screws counterclockwise until they come out.
5. Place the Tracer between the battery and receiver with the contacts inserted into the rectangular holes, making sure that the screws are aligned with the screw holes in the Tracer and the receiver.
6. Turn the screws clockwise until they are tight.
Using the Tri-Tronics Tracer Light with G3 Field and Pro Systems and the Sport Upland:
1. Field and Pro units only:
Set the dial to the "A" position and select the Tracer you want to activate with the receiver selector toggle. (On the Classic 70
use the stimulation button that corresponds to the dog whose Tracer you want to activate.)
2. Press any stimulation button ("BP" button on the Sport Upland
) to remotely activate the Tracer in Flash mode. Press the button again to change to steady light mode. Press the button a third time and the Tracer will turn off.
Using the Tri-Tronics Tracer Light with the Sport Basic and Sport Combo:
While the Tracer can't be controlled remotely with the Sport Basic or Sport Combo, it CAN be activated at very close range.
Hold the transmitter within one inch of the front of receiver. Press the top (tone/buzz) button on the transmitter to activate the Tracer in Flash mode. Press the button again to change to steady light mode. Press the button a third time and the Tracer will turn off.